Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rear Bumper.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Rear Bumper. Empty
PostSubject: Rear Bumper.   Rear Bumper. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 am

I'm thinking about building my own rear, or having my own rear bumper built. I finally got a refund from Bottorf, after calling the Bradford, PA Police. I was looking at michaels' bumper, which he posted the build on expo. It's a "Greg Davis Style". It's just 2x4 3/16" square tubing.

Rear Bumper. DSC_0579-1

Rear Bumper. DSC_0574-1

I like the simplicity of it, but was thinking of just continuing the 2x4 tube up the sides, instead of angle iron. Cut out a 2.5" square in the middle and insert a receiver tube.

I know Ed and Brett were looking at tire carriers. I figure a bumper, and using a heavy duty gate hinge, like one of these would work:

http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/GATE+HINGES+AND+HARDWARE/Gate+Pivot+and+Weld-On+Hinges/Barrel+Hinges+Weld-On

One with a 500lb capacity should be more than enough. Then build a tire carrier out a square tube. I don't know If I would like the tire carrier, or to just keep the on-door one.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Rear Bumper. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper.   Rear Bumper. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Wow I'm surprised you got a refund from Bottorf from what I keep hearing all over the rover forums. I like the Greg Davis bumpers also, seems like a simple sturdy design.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Rear Bumper. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper.   Rear Bumper. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:13 pm

According to the Sgt. I spoke to in Bradford, they had been looking at charging Nate criminally, but were having problems getting people willing to travel to PA for the court proceedings. I told him that I would be more than willing to, and that my work would give me the time to go, as long as he sent me a subpoena. He told me he was going to inform Nate of this. About an hour later I got a phone call from Nate, with a tracking number for the check he sent me certified mail.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Rear Bumper. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper.   Rear Bumper. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:06 pm

that is crazy!!! the police must have had a lot of complaints to actually consider charging him with a crime. Usually internet crimes go without a resolution. that's awesome that you got your money back though. it's sad that for something I consider a smaller group of enthusiasts that there is someone that can't or chooses not to run a descent aftermarket business. stop taking orders and fufill your obligations or hire more people... i don't get it.

rear steel bumper is on hold for me, im putting my tire elsewhere.

im getting a second rim and tire and am going to mount them in my truck. i took my rear seats out and im going to rip the carpet out next week and if the weather gets warm enough im putting some rubberized undercoating down. i also got a 5day cooler im going to set up mounts for. since my roof rack is flat i might actually use that to sleep on if i put a floor down and build some kind of removable tarp top.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content

Rear Bumper. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper.   Rear Bumper. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Bumper.
Page 1 of 1