Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help finding D2 airbox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

Help finding D2 airbox  Empty
PostSubject: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 pm

the tube that connects the lower half of the airbox with the fender has started to separate resulting in a pretty damp air filter after this weeks wheeling trips... i've been looking for quite a while for a new one but cant seem to find anything. i've used all different terminology and just cant find it anywhere. at this point i'm ready to buy a whole new box and tube if i could just find them... but i cant. any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Are you talking about the hose that goes to the fender? I covered mine in liquid latex, blue rtv then black duct tape
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Are you talking about the hose that goes to the fender? I covered mine in liquid latex, blue rtv then black duct tape

yes i certainly am ... and you're full of good ideas lol.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:05 pm

will tillery has the whole thing and its dirt cheap, going to get the new one and do the liquid latex/rtv/tape mod to it before it goes in the truck... my lid is a littlewarped anyway so i may as well get it all.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

as for the liquid latex. are you talking about the same kind of shit body painters use? seems to be the most popular thing on google right now.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
as for the liquid latex. are you talking about the same kind of shit body painters use? seems to be the most popular thing on google right now.

the one i used is for zodiak boat repairs.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

the one i used is for zodiak boat repairs.

any chance you remember a brand name ? i see a bunch of stuff designed to put INSIDE the tubes of zodiak boats but nothing "topical"
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 pm

I got it off someone at the boat club, I can't recall what the brand was. If you have a marine supply store nearby poke your head in
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
I got it off someone at the boat club, I can't recall what the brand was. If you have a marine supply store nearby poke your head in

will do, we have a few within driving distance.

thanks for all the help.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 pm

welp. my new box got here the very next day after ordering from Will Tillery @roverguy. Aside from a leaf in the bottom of the box the thing looks (looked) brand new. I cant recommend him highly enough for future part needs. to top it off his prices kick ass.

Anyway.

i RTV'd all the joints of the "hose" together and then RTV'd the pipe to the fender so its all sealed up tighter than a frogs ass. now i can stop ruining filters every time i hit a trail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help finding D2 airbox    Help finding D2 airbox  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help finding D2 airbox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: