Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover Empty
PostSubject: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 am

Heading out to the Phoeniz/Tuscon area in a few weeks for business but will have a day or two to break away from the crowd and a couple of coworkers want to go out for some fun in the desert. Found a place that specializes in renting off road vehicles (RzR's, Tomcar's, and Wranglers). Thinking about either the Tomcar or Wrangler. http://www.extremearizona.com/

1 - anyone ever driven a Tomcar? Opinions? (probably going with the Wrangler, but might be up for something different).
2 - anyone here happen to know of any good spots in that area? (they have local trails but allow you to really go anywhere you want)
3 - you guys have any experience wheeling in that kind of environment? Any advice? It's obviously a way different landscape than anything out here. Other than the normal crap I'm likely to pull I don't want to appear like a total noob.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:30 am

If you have your own gps bring it. Four Peaks mine area is suppose to be pretty nice. Some mountainous Terrain. Do a youtube search for.some off road vids

http://www.thegeozone.com/treasure/arizona/tales/az003a.jsp
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:12 am

That looks pretty damn awesome...how much is it if you don't mind my asking?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Little Green Giant wrote:

Expensive...

Tomcar - $389/day
Wrangler - $289/day

Probably going to go with the Wrangler unless someone tells me I'm crazy for passing up on a day in a Tomcar. And trust me, I'm going to get $289 worth of ride out of it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 pm

DocFodge wrote:

Expensive...

Tomcar - $389/day
Wrangler - $289/day

Probably going to go with the Wrangler unless someone tells me I'm crazy for passing up on a day in a Tomcar. And trust me, I'm going to get $289 worth of ride out of it Twisted Evil

i would just get the wrangler. does it cost extra if you have to carry the parts back to the tour shop HQ?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

Expensive...

Tomcar - $389/day
Wrangler - $289/day

i would just get the wrangler. does it cost extra if you have to carry the parts back to the tour shop HQ?

The woman taking my reservation did sound concerned when I asked if it had diff guards and other under body armor...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Lololol
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

I'll provide updates while I'm out there but need to change my username to 'NoMercy' or 'JeepJunk'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover   Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arizona wheeling adventure - Non-Rover
Page 1 of 1