Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Compressors/on board air

Go down 
+2
durt d1ver
Jake
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Compressors/on board air Empty
PostSubject: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 am

Whos got what and how do you like it?

Mostly just look for something to air up after wheelin that doesnt take 10 minutes per tire. Also thinking about getting an ashcroft air locker for the front at some point.

Viair has some pretty impressive set ups. Learn me on these here air compressor/on board air set ups.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 am

co2. One of these days I will get a mount for it, instead of just tossing the tank in a box.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
co2. One of these days I will get a mount for it, instead of just tossing the tank in a box.

x2. I don't have one, but have wheeled with guys that use CO2 setups...very nice.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 pm

I have dual Viair 480 setup with a 5 gal tank. Theyl run my big impact enough to take the lugs off without any problems and work my lockers easily. I had the ARB compressor setup for a while it worked but it would take a while to blow up my 33s. Im not a big fan of CO2 setups myself but they work fine....... I just hate having to take it somewhere an get filled everytime it needs filled when I can flip a switch an have 200 psi anytime I need it.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Rausch Creek has a good deal on co2 systems in the office last time I was there. I fill my 20lb co2 tank about once a year, and it costs $15. I also use it to fill 2 tires at once. I can have all 4 tires from 15psi to 45 psi quite quickly, but the bottle will start to ice up.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Havent looked into it yet.. but how do the CO2 systems work with air lockers?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm

You can buy a solenoid that plumbs into the co2 line for the arb.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 pm

I used a 20 ounce paintball Co2 tank to activate my lockers for a while, worked fine.
I currently use an ARB compressor and carry a 5lb Co2 bottle.
5lb bottle will fill ~20 tires from 15 to 30psi.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:27 pm

my interest is peaked. Where do you get a CO2 tank and the hose/connector to match the tire stems?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm

I put my setup together using a spare tank and and an ebay regulator. You can buy nice kits from justin, or they sell kits at rausch creek in the office. Kimo on lrrf also puts together kits and sells them, and you buy your tank locally.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm

I got my 5# tank and regulator from ebay.
Regulator has a normal compressed air quick disconnect.
Everything else is the same stuff I use at home with my compressor.

20 ounce paintball bottle available everywhere.
Pnuematic switches for the lockers bought from PowerTank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compressors/on board air   Compressors/on board air I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compressors/on board air
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: