Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fucking oil pump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Looks like my oil pump took a shit on itself. I started the truck the evening and the oil light stays on while idling, I rev'd the engine and it went away. Mother fucker, cock, shit, cunt, WHORE! So anyway, didn't have a chance to clime under and look because there is a fucking hurricane outside. How hard is it to rebuild the pump? I see AB sells gear kits.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

Oh and on top of that, I was driving to my GF house in my Jag and a fucking falling tree branch takes off half of my spoiler. This night fucking sucks.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
Looks like my oil pump took a shit on itself. I started the truck the evening and the oil light stays on while idling, I rev'd the engine and it went away. Mother fucker, cock, shit, cunt, WHORE! So anyway, didn't have a chance to clime under and look because there is a fucking hurricane outside. How hard is it to rebuild the pump? I see AB sells gear kits.

The pump is easy to rebuild but you may want to drop your pan and check your screen.

The pump is just two gears that lay in the timing cover. Also, before you do ANYTHING, get a direct reading gauge and hook it up. It would suck to do a lot of work then find out your light sending unit was bad.

And then there is the several other items that can cause low oil pressure - none of them good. You may want to chat with Trevor.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 am

Thebloody323 wrote:
Oh and on top of that, I was driving to my GF house in my Jag and a fucking falling tree branch takes off half of my spoiler. This night fucking sucks.

....white people problems.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:23 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:

The pump is easy to rebuild but you may want to drop your pan and check your screen.

The pump is just two gears that lay in the timing cover. Also, before you do ANYTHING, get a direct reading gauge and hook it up. It would suck to do a lot of work then find out your light sending unit was bad.

And then there is the several other items that can cause low oil pressure - none of them good. You may want to chat with Trevor.

Thanks, I couldn't find a mechanical tester so I just bough a gauge and am going to used it as a tester. I ran the truck up to temperature yesterday and the idiot light didn't come on once so I have a hunch that it is the sending that went bad. I have ordered a new on and it should arrive on Wednesday. I am going on this fucking pines trip if I have to drag the god dam piece of shit Land Rover through the mud myself.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I know this may seem painfully obvious but my oil light flickered when I was driving my truck with a blown head gasket. Seems she was using oil to create the enormous cloud behind me on the PA TP. Be sure your dip stick is reading correctly. No offense intended, I get caught out by the dumbest things...
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
I know this may seem painfully obvious but my oil light flickered when I was driving my truck with a blown head gasket. Seems she was using oil to create the enormous cloud behind me on the PA TP. Be sure your dip stick is reading correctly. No offense intended, I get caught out by the dumbest things...

No worries, I don't get easily offended. I am known to do retarded things when it comes to cars. The worst thing I ever did was leave a wrench on crankshaft pulley on my Jetta after changing the head gasket and guess what happened? When I turned the car over the wrench loosened the pulley, it came off and I ended up having to rebuild the cylinder head because all the valves got bent by the pistons.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:

No worries, I don't get easily offended. I am known to do retarded things when it comes to cars. The worst thing I ever did was leave a wrench on crankshaft pulley on my Jetta after changing the head gasket and guess what happened? When I turned the car over the wrench loosened the pulley, it came off and I ended up having to rebuild the cylinder head because all the valves got bent by the pistons.

Holy shit! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 pm

DiscoSux wrote:

Holy shit! Shocked

yeah, my dad thought it was the funniest thing on earth (he can be a sick bastard that way). Luckily the head itself was okay and I only needed to buy the valve kit.

Oh and I fired up the motor with the gauge and it looks like sits at 43 ish PSI cold idle (my gauge only reads in increments of 5 PSI) and my oil levels are okay.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:

Holy shit! Shocked

yeah, my dad thought it was the funniest thing on earth (he can be a sick bastard that way). Luckily the head itself was okay and I only needed to buy the valve kit.

Oh and I fired up the motor with the gauge and it looks like sits at 43 ish PSI cold idle (my gauge only reads in increments of 5 PSI) and my oil levels are okay.

I'd say get it to a warm idle and see what you have. Looks like you are Pines bound!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Check your connection to the sensor
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Jake wrote:
Check your connection to the sensor

Still no light so that's good, I cleaned the sensor and screwed it back in. I have the new one arriving on Wednesday so that should give me better peace of mind. That and I am going to install a mechanical gauge as well.

DiscoSux wrote:

I'd say get it to a warm idle and see what you have. Looks like you are Pines bound!

It seems that way, although I will not say anymore in fear of angering the Rover Gods. I think I might need to find a virgin Jeep driver to set on fire as a sacrifice to appease them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fucking oil pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking oil pump   Fucking oil pump I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fucking oil pump
Page 1 of 1