Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RRC hood latch problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RRC hood latch problem Empty
PostSubject: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

since i bought my RRC i had been pulling the hood release latch and then having to push it back in to get the hood to close. i pulled it open and pushed it back in and the hood wont close. wtf.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
since i bought my RRC i had been pulling the hood release latch and then having to push it back in to get the hood to close. i pulled it open and pushed it back in and the hood wont close. wtf.

problem solved

RRC hood latch problem Hood-pins640x480

this is what im doing i dont need my hood to pop open on rt 80 again.

Last edited by qbenplaya00 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm

i want to try and keep the stock look.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

just ordered mine.. from
http://autofab.com/i-9943227-autofab-hood-pin-kit-with-leash.html

kinds pricy for 40 bucks (including shipping) i opted for the ones that come with the attachments and comes with limited lifetime. so lets see how it goes. ordered them in yellow.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 pm

i cant pull myself to do that. i rather take the cable and run it thru the grill and put a release there.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:09 am

Just replace the cable with a new one, they're like $20 from AB. The cable is probably kinked bent and dirty from decades of use.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i cant pull myself to do that. i rather take the cable and run it thru the grill and put a release there.

Now I dont think it matters since they chance the inspection at DMV to smog test only ,but it was illegal to have those hood pins , but either way is not my thing may look good in a dragster but not on a RRC .
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:02 am

Make sure your prop rod isnt hitting on the top piece in front of the radiator.. if that makes any sense.. three of the 4 rivets on mine were broken so it wouldnt close unless it was just right. 4 fresh rivets later and I am good to go. If thats not the issue check to see if the latch is working near the striker panel. It should be abour half way covering the hole otherwise it's time for a new cable.. I'm sure you already knew that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RRC hood latch problem   RRC hood latch problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RRC hood latch problem
Page 1 of 1