Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need new shocks

Go down 
+4
Vader
Jake
Hilltoppersx
DiscoSux
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 am

Your right. $626
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Your right. $626

Good enough to pull your dumb ass out of 5 feet of water. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 am

I try not to go cheap on any of my 4x4s, I learnd the hard way, when you buy cheap parts you spend more in the long run and do double the work. I know it seems like $140 a shock is a lot of money but you get what you pay for. One of the race cars I worked on for Mobile 1 had shocks that cost over $8000 a shock, There were 8 of them not including the bump stops.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/17/67/91/45/100_0315.jpg

I bought this one for $350 about 3 years ago. I spent $8000 on upgrades. No rust, not even on the frame or the axles. The hood was a little faded.

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Fox shocks!!!!!

Hey Cornfield, I am not putting $800 shocks on my truck.

Man.. Give that poor girl a good set of shocks... Terrafirma is decent but not for what you do
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 am

i dunno you guys bash terrafirma. i beat the fuckin piss out of my shocks for over 3 years and had zero problems.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i dunno you guys bash terrafirma. i beat the fuckin piss out of my shocks for over 3 years and had zero problems.

They are cheap.. Some people can get away with running them and some people break them and have issues with them. I don't think they are really worth the risk for people who wheel hard..
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm

My TF shocks and springs have been on the D2 for more than 18 months and I've certainly beat them.

*knock-on-wood* No problems to date...
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 pm

how about fox shocks? i head good things about them.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm

I've had my tf shocks for over 2 years. I think I bought the first set justin got in. I know im not as hardcore as some, but they've served me well wheeling and being by daily driver.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I've had my tf shocks for over 2 years. I think I bought the first set justin got in. I know im not as hardcore as some, but they've served me well wheeling and being by daily driver.

Seems like the D2 guys have had better luck than the D1 guys on some of the other forums. I have a set on my RRC but I got them cheap used.. I guess I cant see paying full price for a terrafirma shock when you can buy a fox emulsion for faily cheap. Fox shocks are rebuildable, revalveable and are a hands down quality product... I guess more bang for your buck. If you keep an eye out over on Pirate you're likely to find some on a good deal. Fox also offers revalves and I think you're first one is free or something like that..

anyway happy shock shopping
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

The only complaint I have with my TF lift is that the powder coating is going and its starting to rust
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new shocks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2