Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HD Steering

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 am

Might go with Rockware tie rod/drag link anybody have any experience with these? I know some of you are running Rovertym that's my second choice.. Either way want to get some HD tie rod ends. Any advice out there?

Edit - changed title Smile

Last edited by Jake on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

i went with Justin and lucky8 stuff.they are alot nicer than the stock stuff for sure.
the best i can do for ya....sorry no pics as of yet for the new parts.it was damp and ugly when i installed them on the rover.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Hmm just looked on their site and didnt find them. Not that I can ever find anything on their site. When I have the $$ I'll call Justin.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:15 pm

I have the QT heavy duty setup on the green truck I never had a problem with them, but I want to get Hard Labor Creek setup with heim joints. My steering angles are pretty severe and my ends are about maxed out.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Long Haul wrote:
I have the QT heavy duty setup on the green truck I never had a problem with them, but I want to get Hard Labor Creek setup with heim joints. My steering angles are pretty severe and my ends are about maxed out.

Are you plan on doing this in the somewhat near future? I need to do my ends soon and would like to make the upgrade while I am at it.

Edit - You're right I think this is that way to go

http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=3344
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

Are you plan on doing this in the somewhat near future? I need to do my ends soon and would like to make the upgrade while I am at it.

Yeah thats the setup thats on the green truck. I would definatly go HD tie rods and ends, the factory ones bend pretty easy. The only thing I dont like is that the QT doesnt relocate steering stabilizer, I ended up fabbing up my own mount to relocate it.

I will probably be changing it out soon because the red truck needs new tie rod ends.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

Yeah thats the setup thats on the green truck. I would definatly go HD tie rods and ends, the factory ones bend pretty easy. The only thing I dont like is that the QT doesnt relocate steering stabilizer, I ended up fabbing up my own mount to relocate it.

I will probably be changing it out soon because the red truck needs new tie rod ends.

The kit Justin sent me to relocate mine doesnt fit my stock tie rod. If it fits this maybe I'll see what kind of deal he can give me. This sure beats buying another steering guard if I dont have to.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah im not sure the outside diameter of the rod but its about 1-1.25".
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 pm

yeah this is on my list as well. that last rausch trip something took a hit and aint right no more up front. my wheel isnt straight like it was. not to mention my ends were so frozen they were hit with heat till red hot hit with pb and still couldnt get them to budge, the alignment place couldnt get it either.... one thing after another.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:14 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
yeah this is on my list as well. that last rausch trip something took a hit and aint right no more up front. my wheel isnt straight like it was. not to mention my ends were so frozen they were hit with heat till red hot hit with pb and still couldnt get them to budge, the alignment place couldnt get it either.... one thing after another.

TRUE same thing happened to me.. I'm pretty sure it was my damper which is why I went relocation which doesnt fit which means HD rods. Justin said to call him Tuesday I am hoping Christmas comes early this year. Even if it does I am broke until Friday.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 pm

I have a lucky8 hd track rod and ends. I smacked my stock on a rock at rausch and bent it good. I don't think justin has his brand on the site, just call him. That's what I did.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I have a lucky8 hd track rod and ends. I smacked my stock on a rock at rausch and bent it good. I don't think justin has his brand on the site, just call him. That's what I did.

Out of curiosity what did you guys pay?
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 pm

I think I paid around $250 for mine last year.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I believe it was somewhere around $120 for just the track rod
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
I believe it was somewhere around $120 for just the track rod

hmm cool thanks. He owed me a little favor since he messed up an order twice. But he is redeeming himself.

Brian is that pricing with TRE?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Yes, that was with the ends
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Yes, that was with the ends

Cool thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 pm

I was incorrect. It cost me$ 160 shipped
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
I was incorrect. It cost me$ 160 shipped

Yea shipping and tax doesnt help the case.. He offered my some old stock QTs for cheap but shipping and tax kinda kills the deal I need to measure my relocation bracket to see what fits.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:36 pm

New QT tie rod and track rod with ends on it's way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HD Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD Steering   HD Steering I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HD Steering
Page 1 of 1