Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm back!.....sort of

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

I'm back!.....sort of Empty
PostSubject: I'm back!.....sort of   I'm back!.....sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm

i just posted on the outings page, im going to spring in the pines. The reason i've been off the radar is the bike i've been building over the winter. In the interest of not getting the trip thread off topic, i figured i'd post some photos of it here. thery're all out of order, but i'll be painting the frame this week, then it'll get the motor rebuilt and it'll go back together, so i'm close

http://s792.beta.photobucket.com/user/turf63/library/Motorcycle

I'm back!.....sort of 43538BCD-3E5E-4259-AC7C-266E914ED91B-2249-000001DED1A5AE80_zps1ac274e2

Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: I'm back!.....sort of   I'm back!.....sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:00 am

That bikes a classic!!
I see you chopped the tail and are fabricating some sort of
seat pan. What is the look you're trying to achieve?
I miss the good ol days. My first streetbike was a 1978 Kawi KZ650 Custom, Never should have sold it.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: I'm back!.....sort of   I'm back!.....sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 am

My dad had a kz1000 I believe. Said it was too fast. And I believe him. After opening up the carbs and exhaust on this 750, it's already fast and in set to drop some more aggressive cams in it next week, I don't think it would need to be any faster.
The look I'm going for is clean. I didn't like all the highway bars and tall mirrors and the king and queen seat it came with, I'm really looking to go bare minimum. I'm relocating the battery down onto the swing arm and rebuilding the wiring harness with only what it needs. It's gonna be cool. I just painted the frame yesterday so I should be mocking it up in about a week? Give the paint some time to cure and me some time to build the engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm back!.....sort of   I'm back!.....sort of I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm back!.....sort of
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Random BS-
Jump to: