Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What would you pay?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

What would you pay? Empty
PostSubject: What would you pay?   What would you pay? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:14 pm

There has been this burgundy 04 discovery sitting at a local garage for a while now. I stopped in to ask what was up with it yesterday. Apparently it needs head gaskets and customer didn't want to pay the $1400 to shop to fix it. It's been there for couple months.

I walked around the truck...also, tires are kinda beat, two are flat. Missing one rear wheel arch, headlights are in great shape, as is outside of truck. Inside has a bunch of hay all over but the seats are in great shape and so is steering wheel, all are matching my interior. Not sure on mileage. I figure I'd try and get it cheap from owner with or without title just for parts. The garage is going to check with owner tomorrow and get back to me.

What would something like that go for, or what should I offer, if it comes to that? I would like to get it for under $1500 if possible....??
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: What would you pay?   What would you pay? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:22 pm

considering it might be over heated and the engine could be toast. i would say 800-1000 is fair. he will get 600 from the hauler.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: What would you pay?   What would you pay? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Aim low. I bought a REALLY nice 2000 D2 with a blown head gasket for $800 last spring with an absolutely immaculate interior. (The body doesn't even have shopping cart dings.) I've pulled calipers, the rear diff with the entire axle assembly, and a number of other parts to keep my '99 running. After selling the stock rear bumper for $350 I figure I've easily recouped my $800...
Back to top Go down
Gt3454
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: What would you pay?   What would you pay? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I bought a parts truck the same way from a Land Rover dealership. 2000 D2 they had always maintained, had an ARB front with lights, CB, 2 OME lift and ARB Sliders (rusted to crap though). Just saw it sitting out in the back parking lot and asked.

Lady who owned it walked away when they told it her she either had a blown head gasket or slipped liner. They did the title shuffle and sold it to me for 1000 bucks took about 90 days though.

So if it is stock and beat, I'd start at 500-600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you pay?   What would you pay? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you pay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: