Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions. Empty
PostSubject: 2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions.   2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Ok so first new issue is that my front interior door handle has stopped opening the door.  The outside handle works but it needs a good yank to get it to open.  For the time being i'm ok with Dukes of Hazzarding it out of my window, but it would be nice to get it fixed in the near future.  A DIY tip would be better then a $$$ tip.

Number 2 on the problem list is from the Anthracite Trip we did a few weeks ago.  On my way to that trip my rear differential weight broke of on the highway.  Could there be any long term wear and tear repercussions for not replacing that?  Keep in mind i drive about 20k a year on the truck as its my DD.  Also what size are the bolts that the weight screws into the diff with?  Because it would be nice to reattach my rear diff slider in the meantime being I may head to RC next weekend and we all know they are useful there.

Any advice on either would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions.   2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 pm

you have to adjust the door latch mechanism. its 8 screws and you can pop the panel. 

the balancer weight i believe was put there to help with vibration of the DC drive shaft. I don't think your truck will blow up without it, but if you have any little viration now it will get worse without it. At least that's my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com

2 new problems arise, in need of two new solutions.
Page 1 of 1