Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting out of LR

Go down 
+4
devildog01
forcefed44
Hilltoppersx
Cris_A
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Hey guys after almost 8 years and 6 LRs Im getting out Im just tired and burned up this past year I had 3 LR and is a constant working project when is not one thing is the other it has taking so much of my time and family time that Im feeling the pressure , Im not buying anything else 4x4 at the moment and I dont see a LR coming my way anytime soon and with plans of moving back to south florida I may just use that money to buy a shifter kart and get back into racing , so for now Im saying so long I still hang with you fucks but as a navigator , take care guys
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:04 pm

did you sell the D1 already?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
did you sell the D1 already?

Friday is being pick up
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:16 pm

LOL.. I hear you on that one.. I amassed 4 rovers total and pretty much came to a wall of what I want to do with them. Unfortunately being the summer, and weekends have me on the track with both my and my co-teams road racing, I don't really get to drive them so they sit in the shop.

Enjoy Florida if you decide to move back.. I moved back north from Sobe and haven't looked back since..

Chris
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:20 pm

damn.. well good luck Cris, you'll be missed. Glad we got to do the Maine trip as your last. If you ever want to ride bitch you can always come with me!
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Pussy.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 pm

The Florida move is 100% yet Im taking a test drive in December , I lived in West Palm beach for a year so I have a very good idea on how south florida is the most important thing is to get transfer down there or find something else , I really want to go back into kart racing and auto-x but even if I stay north I wont get another rover for a while I just got saturated with never ending problems this year
Back to top Go down
jarek m
Mud Tire Addict
jarek m

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm

All old crap breaks, even more so when you take it and make it do stuff it was hardly designed for when new! In addition we all do it in old crap that we got on a bargain, stuff last owner didn't want already. I was pretty impressed with the way our old crap handled Maine... Which part disappointed you Cris?
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 pm

jarek m wrote:
All old crap breaks, even more so when you take it and make it do stuff it was hardly designed for when new!  In addition we all do it in old crap that we got on a bargain, stuff last owner didn't want already.  I was pretty impressed with the way our old crap handled Maine... Which part disappointed you Cris?  
Nothing from the trip disappointed me I had a great time I just got burned up about wrenching and fixing stuff all the time , I had a oil pump failure , overheat , radiator , transmission line blow up , starter and many minor things fail in a short amount of time and I dont really offeoad the truck too hard or too often , I just got tire of wrenching every available time I have .... Im getting in the car business got the office set up and my papers with DMV so I will be able to buy wholesale maybe I grab a 04 disco or LR3 as my mall crawler who knows for now I just taking a break .
Back to top Go down
jarek m
Mud Tire Addict
jarek m

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am

you can sell your disco.. but you can never escape the brand.. you will be back!
Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 pm

I've got no sympathy for you. I've worked on these turds for 22 years,
owned plenty of rovers (yup my own fault)... nobody is immune from this nonsense
Have fun in Fla, fun with the carts, and good luck with the car biz!!
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Sucks to hear, but good luck with everything dude. I've had around 25 years of dealing with Land Rovers so at this point I'm just numb to it lol.

Last edited by Thebloody323 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 am

You'll be missed. If you wind up down there, I go down to Stuart, Fl a couple times a year, we'll try and hook up. I hear what you mean about the constant fixing. And you don't want a black disco in South Florida, you need a soft top diesel defender. Just keep telling yourself that.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Im not asking for sympathy and I dont care for it either Im just letting know the guys I do know in person the reason Im not going to be around , so for everyone else that actually gave a shit thank you ...

Last edited by Cris_A on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Make sure to show your argentina pride when you get to soflo. Or else, the rednecks and old white folks are just gonna assume you're cuban.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Hey Brian I will be on the ocean side but sure if you come down lets get together just shoot me a quick pm I'll still be here
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Cris_A wrote:
Hey Brian I will be on the ocean side but sure if you come down lets get together just shoot me a quick pm I'll still be here

I'll be living in the Stuart-Port Saint Lucie area within 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Im shooting for north Miami or port saint lucie but I used to live in west palm beach and I like that area too
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Looks like we might be having some nice reunions at the Jensen Beach Ale House
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 pm

bunch of fruit loops. i get enough sun the entire 3 weeks summer here in lovely NY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting out of LR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of LR    Getting out of LR  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting out of LR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Random BS-
Jump to: