Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picked up a new Disco last night

Go down 
+3
forcefed44
Hilltoppersx
VeggieRover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

Picked up a new Disco last night Empty
PostSubject: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 am

Well I picked up a new Disco last night from a forum member. Plans are maintenance and then 3 inch lift and 33 BFG M/Ts. Here it sits with some 30 year old tires, one of which is flat. BFGs are going on this afternoon. Carpet is coming out for rust repair/bed liner and it will progress from there. I'll be at the Swap Meet on the 18th at Jareks too!
Picked up a new Disco last night IMG_20130730_132157
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 am

is that the 5 spd that Jarek traded Ryan?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Jarek and I traded, it isnt Vaders. Ryans a good friend mine, he's helping me do all the work on it.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:34 pm

Got it. Awesome, drove that truck briefly in Maine, I love the 5spds.
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Yeah its nice having the 5speed, truck drives nice. Were doing some trouble shooting to fix some issues but its comin along.
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:37 am

Nice truck.. Enjoy it.. Ryan will take care of it..

Chris
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone. Ryan has done a great job helping me get it running properly and teaching me a few things about these trucks as well. We replaced the Coils, alternator, fuel filter and fuel pump. We also have the front end lifted with 2 inch Hd springs and a 1 inch Lucky 8 spacer. Rear will be done tomorrow and should be ready to go for the BBQ on Sunday!
Picked up a new Disco last night Lift

I am also in the middle of rigging the driver seat back together. The mesh was torn and this is my fix. I'll see how long it lasts. I used Gorilla tape and this stuff is wicked strong. You'll see from the pictures how I went about it.
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130812_114824
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130812_115014
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130812_115209
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130812_115944
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130812_121501
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:13 pm

awesome! truck looks great! keep up the good work. hope to see you Saturday!
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Progress looks great.. Enjoy it..

Chris
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Got the lift done today, also fixed my driver seat with a...not so typical way.  Also, the 33s didnt seem to rob the power very much at all.  Maybe its the 5-speed, but so far it seems to be doing just fine.  A regear is in the future plans, along with lockers; but for now I think it will be A-OK.  
Heres the seat fix.  Its Gorilla taped.  gives the seat a firmer feel and I really like it so far.
Picked up a new Disco last night 20130815_082927
And heres the LR with the 3 inch lift and 33s
Picked up a new Disco last night IMG_20130815_111818
Picked up a new Disco last night IMG_20130815_111433

Next on my To-Do list is figure out this window issue.  The rears were stuck down, so I pulled the ECU card.  I soldered the joint back together and the rear windows went up.  I took a quick drive and now the fronts are stuck down and the rears are stuck up.  I checked both 30 amp fuses, one was blown.  I replaced it and still no windows.  Can anybody chime in on what to check? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:23 pm

You pulled the window ECU? If that was fine I would check its ground and the wiring loom back to the engine bay, which will require a carpet pull
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Yeah Ryan actually did the ECU work. Pulled it, soldered what looked to be the busted solder and put it back in.  It worked for about 10 minutes and then all the windows stopped working.  The front carpet is coming out soon anyway, so I'll take a look at it.  Theres a parts Disco at the local junk yard and we were thinking about snagging the window ECU from that, to trouble shoot
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:50 am

i would do that, i would also grab the wiring harness from the junker
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 pm

They're so pretty at first, then...

Picked up a new Disco last night 66548110
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:47 pm

dave your truck is nearly mint there... compared to now
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:31 pm

I've seen people make a lattice out of zip ties to fix the seat also
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:59 am

Yeah the Duct Tape seat situation lasted about 2 days. It has since retorn. Looking into buying new seats of some sort, maybe even some aftermarket buckets GASP! Truck is currently off the road, again. There is a wicked oil leak that Vader and I are chasing. We, or Ryan really, just replaced the front main seal and did an oil change. After that, shes dripping oil like theres a hole on the block. Seems to be coming from up high, but the trucks so filthy and covered in oil underneath its been hard to trace. Soaking everything in Simple green and hosing it down, hopefully we can figure this out.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

My oil leaks were the PS return line, both the front and rear intake valley, oil pan.
Fixed those and now have rear main leaking and what looks like the oil sender which runs down and drips off the oil filter, have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:05 am

Oh next will prtobly be the oil lines or trans lines
Back to top Go down
VeggieRover
Jiffy Lube Tech

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 am

Great... Im having oil running down the filter as well, you think that could be the oil sender?
Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:03 am

yes
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:44 pm

VeggieRover wrote:
Yeah the Duct Tape seat situation lasted about 2 days.  It has since retorn.  Looking into buying new seats of some sort, maybe even some aftermarket buckets GASP! Truck is currently off the road, again.  There is a wicked oil leak that Vader and I are chasing.  We, or Ryan really, just replaced the front main seal and did an oil change.  After that, shes dripping oil like theres a hole on the block. Seems to be coming from up high, but the trucks so filthy and covered in oil underneath its been hard to trace.  Soaking everything in Simple green and hosing it down, hopefully we can figure this out.

Got to love the oil leaks.. I have had a crank seal oil leak on my D1 since after the Spring in the Pines run but it's become so light now, I don't pay it any attention.. I have a more aggressive Swival ball seal leak but I just top that off with Lucas since my distributor restocks it for me every week.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new Disco last night   Picked up a new Disco last night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up a new Disco last night
Page 1 of 1