Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RoverLab no more?

Go down 
+3
durt d1ver
Jake
Hilltoppersx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 am

I read over on ROAV that Trevor got the dreaded letter from LRNA that he has to change his name. My guess is they tell you it's copyright infringment or something... he is looking for suggestions for a new name. I remember Justin got that letter two years ago and that is why he switch his logo. I wonder how long it takes before we get one? In the case we do get one I can change the logo, but what do you think about a name change? or do we just drop the words and keep the acronym?...
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:37 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
I read over on ROAV that Trevor got the dreaded letter from LRNA that he has to change his name. My guess is they tell you it's copyright infringment or something... he is looking for suggestions for a new name. I remember Justin got that letter two years ago and that is why he switch his logo. I wonder how long it takes before we get one? In the case we do get one I can change the logo, but what do you think about a name change? or do we just drop the words and keep the acronym?...

It's probably only "for profit" businesses they go after.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 pm

From what I understand, It's people making money on the LR trademark. It's sad, "British Truck Lab" just doesn't sound the same. The big question is, are we still allowed to call Frances the RoverLab?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:18 pm

well since we are on the topic. i recieved an email from an international off road parts company who has the north america division interested in sponsoring our club.... i can't just take money, so that means we have to actually enter the world as a non-profit and organize everything... then taxes and blah blah... decisions...
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I got an email from en exiled Nigerian Tribal King, telling me he'll give me a million dollars if I let him funnel his $10 million through my bank account via a wire transfer. I'm debating whether I should take his money.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
I got an email from en exiled Nigerian Tribal King, telling me he'll give me a million dollars if I let him funnel his $10 million through my bank account via a wire transfer. I'm debating whether I should take his money.

i use to have a website where i would respond to those emails and post the email chain. it was pretty funny. i should see if it is still up. the one guy said i would send him money and then he would come over with a check for the millions. so i told him great i would send him the money right away and that my tribe was looking forward to his arrival and we would prepare a sacred goat in his honor on the southernomost tip of the great isle of manhattan.. and all this BS>.. i spent a lot of time wasting time.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Probably should put a disclamer somewhere just to cover your ass. Damn whats the world coming to when a company throws a fit over a name, I understand all the copyrights but I never hear of GM,Ford,Chrysler,Toyota,etc ever going after anyone just because there name is used on a garage or club. I feel bad for Trevor he has to change his business name its not like he has "Land Rover" in the title its just a lot of bullshit and more hoops to jump threw. Im still trying to figure out why Justin had to change the green oval 8 in his logo (Im still rockin them on both discos), i never heard of Ford going after someone using a blue oval.

I guess its TATA motors just trying to make there name known.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

i use to have a website where i would respond to those emails and post the email chain. it was pretty funny. i should see if it is still up. the one guy said i would send him money and then he would come over with a check for the millions. so i told him great i would send him the money right away and that my tribe was looking forward to his arrival and we would prepare a sacred goat in his honor on the southernomost tip of the great isle of manhattan.. and all this BS>.. i spent a lot of time wasting time.

Lol that made my day. Go for it and tell them to send us free stuff to advertise for them..
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 pm

here is the company that emailed me http://www.ironman4x4.com/
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 pm

When we went up to Rausch Last September during that FJ cruiser event, Eli from Camel 4x4 came over to us and we were bs'ing for awhile. He's the US distributor for ironman, and he's based in NJ.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
When we went up to Rausch Last September during that FJ cruiser event, Eli from Camel 4x4 came over to us and we were bs'ing for awhile. He's the US distributor for ironman, and he's based in NJ.

yeah that is the guy. Eli. he emailed me. said he has a D2 and would be interested in sponsoring.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm

The guys were talking about land rover sending the letters to stop using their name. Found out that a while back ford had done the same thing. So there is precedence.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

yeah that is the guy. Eli. he emailed me. said he has a D2 and would be interested in sponsoring.

That fair to me it looks like they only have suspension stuff for LR's though.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:07 am

They also are a dealer for bajaracks.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

durt d1ver wrote:
They also are a dealer for bajaracks.

Thats cool and it looks like they have a lot of other goodies on that site that are universal.
Back to top Go down
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

I think NELRC as a non-profit needs a company car, let's say a D1 Camel, that must be passed along from member to member a month at a time. If Eli is OK with sponsoring that idea, I say take it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm

rijosho wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I think NELRC as a non-profit needs a company car, let's say a D1 Camel, that must be passed along from member to member a month at a time. If Eli is OK with sponsoring that idea, I say take it.

lol I think you mean a 110 Camel or maybe a IIA? If we're going to get a company car it should be something we dont already have.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:13 pm

I have a reservation with Trevor to have a beer this week. I'll get the skinny on "the letter".

There is a statement you will see on some Rover related sites that says that the company is not related to, anal partners with or in anyway connected to Land Rover. I think that takes care of a lot. Trevor told me they even get their British panties in a bunch about using "the oval".
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:29 am

DiscoSux wrote:
they even get their British panties in a bunch about using "the oval".

they are called knickers.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
they even get their British panties in a bunch about using "the oval".

they are called knickers.

That's the word my tired brain should have come up with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RoverLab no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoverLab no more?   RoverLab no more? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RoverLab no more?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: