Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overheating trouble shooting

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 am

Production of water by engines is why stock mufflers have drain holes drilled in them and why the muffler gotta out
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 pm

I am use to water but the volume coming out was most I've ever saw come out of the truck.
It was a greenish hue so I am sure its coolant.

I had the water pump and fan clutch replaced in Feb 2012, but due to the great reliability of my truck it only has 7k miles on it.

When I did the pressure test over 45 minutes it dropped from 15 psi to 10. The test kit said a gradual drop is pressure is results of a slow leak. So I think some coolant got displaced, somewhere, and exited through the exhaust.

Once again thanks for the insight, and helping me try to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:21 pm

If coolant is coming out the exhaust should be white smoke depending on size of leak, I do not see green in the pic

Not sure on d2 but d1 you remove the coolant cap and read fill plug then get the pass front wheel up on a ramp or similar to bleed off air, even then it can be uncooperative sometimes

Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Its hard to tell the color from the pix. There was a bit of white smoke a few days ago.
I went thru that bleeding procedure. There is no sloshing sound so I am sure the system is bled.
I pulled cyl. 3 spark plug, and it looks like there is condensation in there.

On a side note I owe you a beer Tom. This has me scratching my head, and I post to get a outside opinions.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 pm

These things can be a real pain so we can all use lots of help, and maybe our heads examined for keeping them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overheating trouble shooting   Overheating trouble shooting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overheating trouble shooting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2