Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speedometer Calibration

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

Speedometer Calibration Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:03 pm

I am getting new tires next week. New gears are a ways off. So I was planing to go old school (stickers on the speedo) but then I wondered if anybody had ever used a recalibrater.

http://www.superlift.com/accessories/truspeed.asp

Seems pricey, but it could be worth it I guess. I am just curious if anyone has ever used one before.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 pm

My speedo was 5 fast with the stock 235/70 tires, I now have 245/75/16 no idea how far off now
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 am

i run 33's and have no clue how fast I'm going. that's always the least of my problems with these trucks!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Yeah it is pretty academic. When I look where the speedometer should be all I see is steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:24 am

I just use a gps for my speedo. Of course its not like mine would go fast enough to speed unless I was going down a big hill lol
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:43 pm

No calibrations that i've seen work really.  But my car always lies to me on speed, so I downloaded the Ulysse speedometer for my phone.  Gives me a ton of info and works well.  Calibration complete as long as my phone has battery though.

Just to add, once you figure out how much your car is off you adapt pretty quickly though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Calibration   Speedometer Calibration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedometer Calibration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: