Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New to NJ and USA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Guys, I have recently moved to the US from the UK. I sadly could not bring my Defender 90 with me so will be looking for a replacement here in the US. I am currently living in Annandale NJ and would be interested in joining any events you have planned in and around this area. If you are able to help or would like to get in touch that would be great. Looking forward to meeting with you all Si
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:26 am

Welcome to nj. One of the most expensive states to live in. Where our governor is a mafioso and we're ny's dump. We are in the rust belt of the United States. So any older style defender (or lr) expect rust. Everyone that tries to sell you a vehicle is a liar around here.

What part of UK you come from? Some cool people on this forum. Pa guys are pretty cool as well. Not much else where. Ny? Ct? Anyway welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks for the message. Im from Canterbury SE England. Isnt it the case that most people sell you a car not divulging the truth.lol We also have a problem with rust as we too put a huge amount of salt down and have very wet weather.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Welcome to US and NJ. If your interested the NJLR club has a monthly meeting, first wednesday of every month at the Fuddruckers on 22 in Bridgewater just off of 287. Good place to be living as there are a few roverphiles in your area. Family is welcome to come as well, the place has a kids area for them to play games and what have you and they serve beer for the bigger kids. Usually start getting there around 730 or so.
Have some expats in our crew and one or two of the guys from here show up sometimes as well.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for the ads...Thats great to see im able to get going fairly cheaply. ( Not sure about the zebra stripes though lol )
I will try and get along to the meet with my son ( 7yr ) as he is always keen to go out and get involved with anything Off Road.Is there a membership cost...What happens at one of your meets.. Cheers Guys hope to see you all soon Si
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 pm

there are no dues for NELRC or NJLR. I can't speak for what goes on at the NJLR monthly dinners as I have not been, it's a bit of a hike for me to make mid-week after work. I imagine everyone just busts each others balls over beer and food. The NELRC outings usually end in someone destroying a truck. for some reason my destruction of my D2 15 months ago is still a great laugh.
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Now i see..There is two clubs i didnt spot that before. Destroying Trucks???? whats that all about. I can go with the busting balls over beer and food always a winner.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Pretty much as Hilltoppersx said. Whos doing what, whats being done, potential shop days, outings, cool sightings, rover events, etc...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:00 pm

simon butcher wrote:
Now i see..There is two clubs i didnt spot that before. Destroying Trucks???? whats that all about.  I can go with the busting balls over beer and food always a winner.

There are three clubs in this vicinity that I consider active NELRC, NJLR and R.O.V.E.R.S Club.

ROVERS is the only one that currently has dues although they are talking about getting rid of it and only charging for events. They are located in Pennsylvania and have trials events and some other RSVP events on private lands. Their new president is motivated so I expect to see more outings this year.

NJLR is an informal group of guys, not sure any one person is a leader although a few run the forums and website. They have outings to the Pine Barrens and have done some expedition style trips, one big one was to Canada. They have the month get together over beers and shop days.

NELRC has members from Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. It's informal although I take input and help in organizing events and there are a few mods on the forum. We do events in the Pine Barrens in NJ as well as pay to play parks in Pennsylvania. We have done outings in upstate NY, last year we had an expedition style trip to Maine, and this year we have one to Vermont in May. Last year we had a part swap / picnic with NJLR which worked out well. We will plan another this year.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:13 pm

i know him. he is a freind of mine... i could ake pictures if interested but you can def find better for that price... just saying.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4289132951.html

cool but trade only... i tried to buy off him but he wouldnt... loser
http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/4278577113.html

manual... it his uncles firm on price... manual tho its a plus.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/4292142487.html

mine.... going maybe this weekend  Razz 
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/4291605951.html

pretty good deal
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4289890712.html

if you looking for defender they are out there but ready to finance via dealership or pay big bucks via private seller.... but they are a handful in the east coast. wash dc is full.
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Thanks for your messages. I think i will be happy with discovery 1 or 2. I have been looking at prices of defenders for about 2 months whilst still in UK and they are in my opinion very over priced as i would normally pay between $8000 & 20000 for a 1997 defender depending on condition. A really good example of a 50th anniversary ( closest to NAS ) would be around $25000. Its just so sad that i couldn't get mine across the pond.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:29 pm

you really learn to appreciate the guys here that off-road the defenders, most of us have disco and range rover classics.
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 pm

they are an awesome truck thats for sure
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi I know its a different club but does anyone know if the njlrc are meeting at 7:30 at Fudruckers tonight..Someone^^ up there^^ said they meet first wednesday of the month and i never made it last month. Cheers Simon
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Things have changed since last month. They are meeting at the Fuddruckers in wayne tonight start time is 730 still.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Old fuddruckers owners are changing theme restaurants. There is a thread on the groups website for the debate of where to meet up now and another thread of where we are meeting for this month.
Back to top Go down
simon butcher
Still New Guy

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Ok thanks for your help. I will have to think about that as its an hour away and i will get there about 8:30 appreciate your help Si
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Lol, I live allllll the way down in Eatontown exit 105 off the parkway. There are a few of us that drive and hour'ish to get there and back from the old meet location. Besides thats what the beer is for.Wink
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 pm

im still yet to make one of the NJLR meetups. just so hard mid-week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to NJ and USA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to NJ and USA   New to NJ and USA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to NJ and USA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introductions-
Jump to: