Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Work List 2012

Go down 
+10
dcarr1971
devildog01
Jake
Hilltoppersx
jveen
LockenDIFF
durt d1ver
Long Haul
apatrizzi
Turf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Work List 2012 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Jake wrote:
devildog01 wrote:
Won't have the D2 HG done for Robesonia.I'm going to go in the Dodge Ram 1500.I'm going to run the course in the Dodge drunk and still score higher than Kase and Jake.

HAHAHA that I would love to see. I was going to offer you the chace to ride on my roof rack but I already took it off...

Did I ever tell you guys the story of Jensen on the roof rack of Lyle's/my D1, Randy's rig and Lyle's Series?

Everyone sh!t their pants except Jensen that had a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
did anyone ask Lyle if there is a 4 cyl class for Kases truck?

all 8 are currently firing Eddie. Of course it is a 45 minute ride...

In that case,... Good luck my friend. Keep all four on the ground.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

I ordered parts from Randy to recover from this past weekend at Robesonia. I got a "new" door and a drive shaft. He is getting the mirror and rear door hinge for me.

Fixing a bent up Disco - a couple hundred
Seeing my 11 year old have time of his life? - priceless.

HersheyPark would have cost me the same money and is not as good for him!
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
did anyone ask Lyle if there is a 4 cyl class for Kases truck?

all 8 are currently firing Eddie. Of course it is a 45 minute ride...

In that case,... Good luck my friend. Keep all four on the ground.

Done, except for when Dave lifted the ass end off the ground with his 4wd Kubota...
Back to top Go down
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I had to put a new valve for the secondary air system in on the drivers side, had a service light come on since it wasn't holding vacuum.

I also bought a new flare for drivers side. I tried sanding and painting, and it came out ok but the two sided tape shit was too much of a bitch to do on all of the flares. I will just replace the ones that are faded.

Gonna be looking for a set of 16" wheels soon so I can go up a tire size.

Diff guards are next.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Sold the brushguard off the rangie, painted the front bumper and grille, rear and front wiper arms. Adjusted the top of the gate to close a bit easier. Cleaned the hell out of the 3 spoke rims and tires. Can't wait till I have fridays off, need to attack the poor idle issue and death wobble (steering linkage bushing). Of course the disco needs a good cleaning the carpets cut out, bumper mounts straightened, axillary wiring/fuse block/power switch hooked up.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Sold the brushguard off the rangie, painted the front bumper and grille, rear and front wiper arms. Adjusted the top of the gate to close a bit easier. Cleaned the hell out of the 3 spoke rims and tires. Can't wait till I have fridays off, need to attack the poor idle issue and death wobble (steering linkage bushing). Of course the disco needs a good cleaning the carpets cut out, bumper mounts straightened, axillary wiring/fuse block/power switch hooked up.

pics of the Classic, bitch...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

They are on Facebook. Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Jake wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

They are on Facebook. Oh wait...

Jensen keeps me somewhat updated (he's on Facebook, but then again, he's 11). I see you cut Rusty into bits...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:15 pm

took the solenoid pack apart and took all the connections apart. cleaned the crap out of it and the winch works in both directions again. i unwound and rewound the rope on the drum and the motor was not very happy. it was smoking up a little bit. after the anthracite trip im going to take the entire winch apart and do a full service. i just have too many other projects right now to tackle that. cleaned the MAF and the MAF plug and also the air box and air filter as i was throwing a rich both banks 02 code yesterday. also got my landlords wet/dry vac and cleaned all the sand out of the interior and wiped down the door sills and , window switches, dash and everywhere else that had mud on it from hopping in and out of the window. im sure you saw the pics in the weld thread, brian welded on my rear bumper along with some new supports and we bolted it back in place so now it wont go flying again.

before the anthracite outing i have to get the terrafirma belly plate on, check and change fluids, get the 180 thermostat in and change coolant. other things i would like to do before then but are dependant on weather is fab something up for the roof rack to hold the sand ladders.

things to do after anthracite include installing the secondary fuse box and rewiring all the lights and fix whatever breaks on that trip. also have a nasty whine coming from the engine bay not sure if the alternator is pissed at me or what, oh yeah and as of yesterday i have no A/C
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm back up and running. Mad thanks to jveen and his DIY Head Job thread, i drafted on his project and avoided a lot of headaches. Owe you a beer dude. Everything is running like a dream except I need to put a new serp belt in. I replaced it when I put everything back together but must have not had it square in the pulleys or something. Started hearing a nasty squeal/squeak after running it a bit and just assumed the water pump was going. Started probing around a little the other night and saw that the belt had a long split in it. Ughh. But if that's the worst that happens after I've been operating under the hood, I'll take it. Now let's see if that sucker holds up.

Still need to get the new Transfer case in and the CDL shifter. More so just to get it off my garage floor. While its up on a rack getting that done I need to get the diff guards welded on. Probably going to reach out Randy and see if we can schedule a day in his shop to knock this stuff out. Getting steel wheels and going back to MT's since I don't care about road noise and gas mileage anymore (i replaced the rover with a new daily driver so it's a 100% committed trail rig now). Also probably going to pull and replace the headliner, that sucker's sagging like a beaten mule.

On the market now for sliders and still need a new front bumper to replace the plastic and soccer mom brush guard.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Make sure you didn't put the PS pump pulley on backwards. That's an east way to shred a belt.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Make sure you didn't put the PS pump pulley on backwards. That's an east way to shred a belt.
Now you tell me...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Pre the annual

fix snorkel up - ordered the hose and what not
try to fix my O2 code 1187
pull valve covers and clean the baffles and check spark plugs to see if I can figure out where this oil is going.
Swap poly bushings into my rear shocks
do a once over on all suspension parts to make sure everything is tight
take off old stock bumper and hopefully my HLC bumper will be here to mount up next week
weld sliders to keep them from rubbing on my doors

Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Quote :
I'm back up and running. Mad thanks to jveen and his DIY Head Job thread, i drafted on his project and avoided a lot of headaches. Owe you a beer dude. Everything is running like a dream except I need to put a new serp belt in. I replaced it when I put everything back together but must have not had it square in the pulleys or something. Started hearing a nasty squeal/squeak after running it a bit and just assumed the water pump was going. Started probing around a little the other night and saw that the belt had a long split in it. Ughh. But if that's the worst that happens after I've been operating under the hood, I'll take it. Now let's see if that sucker holds up.

Still need to get the new Transfer case in and the CDL shifter. More so just to get it off my garage floor. While its up on a rack getting that done I need to get the diff guards welded on. Probably going to reach out Randy and see if we can schedule a day in his shop to knock this stuff out. Getting steel wheels and going back to MT's since I don't care about road noise and gas mileage anymore (i replaced the rover with a new daily driver so it's a 100% committed trail rig now). Also probably going to pull and replace the headliner, that sucker's sagging like a beaten mule.

On the market now for sliders and still need a new front bumper to replace the plastic and soccer mom brush guard.

Glad it helped someone. I'd like to go through it again and make it a proper how to.

My work list finally is moving on to the fun bits and not maintenance Flowmaster install winch and bumper. And go look at a RRC and D1 from C.L. If I buy one it will be the trail truck and the D2 will be my mall poser D.D. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:19 am

jveen wrote:
Quote :

Glad it helped someone. I'd like to go through it again and make it a proper how to.

My work list finally is moving on to the fun bits and not maintenance Flowmaster install winch and bumper. And go look at a RRC and D1 from C.L. If I buy one it will be the trail truck and the D2 will be my mall poser D.D. Very Happy

You should make the D2 with the CDL LT230 your trail rig and pick up a nice daily driver RRC like Ed
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:09 am

Quote :
You should make the D2 with the CDL LT230 your trail rig and pick up a nice daily driver RRC like Ed
Yea a D1 or RRC might be more reliable than this D2 has been.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm

my d2 just sits in the street. i start it twice a month. the classic although has some weird things goin on it is yet to fail me. i am doing preventative maitenenace though. new brake light switch even though it didnt need one, suspesnion, brake lines, calipers, rotors, pads, steering box (it needed), damper, track rod, tie rod, all new greasable tie rod ends.

weird things include no speedo back light.
major non-essential fixes, A/C condensor and resistor pack.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
Yea a D1 or RRC might be more reliable than this D2 has been.

hard tellin honestly.. Depends on who owned it before you get it really. I'd try to get that gold RRC from Trevor if he is willing to give it up for a decent price.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 am

Well, my winch bumper isn't quite completely finished, and is going to require some tweaking, but it is installed and the winch is fully functional...

Work List 2012 - Page 10 IMG00663-20120610-1608

...going to have to trim the grill, design the A-bar (after looking at what's out there at the Wilds), and let Harold have the truck for a day or two to fab the steering guard. He's going to start on my rear bumper right after the Wilds...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

Dave - thats sweet, looks good to me!

All I need to do before the wilds is

Change one of my tie rod ends
Alignment and get tires balanced since its a longer trip
install rear bumper
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am

i have a vibration on the disco between 55-65 now. had to do 70 the whole way home from Anthracite. going to have to hunt it down, thought it was a tire that had lost some weights but swapped that tire out before i left and didnt do anything. so will keep hunting. this week im takin the rangie to syracuse for a work conference.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i have a vibration on the disco between 55-65 now. had to do 70 the whole way home from Anthracite. going to have to hunt it down, thought it was a tire that had lost some weights but swapped that tire out before i left and didnt do anything. so will keep hunting. this week im takin the rangie to syracuse for a work conference.

Check the driveshaft and see if a weight was knocked off.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:15 pm

durt d1ver wrote:

Have you converted to a non-rotoflex rear DS yet? If not, check the rotoflex too...I know I destroyed mine this weekend and picked up a vibration too. I'd look at this while checking for the lost weights as suggested by Brian...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

Have you converted to a non-rotoflex rear DS yet? If not, check the rotoflex too...I know I destroyed mine this weekend and picked up a vibration too. I'd look at this while checking for the lost weights as suggested by Brian...

I have a roto off that d-1 if you want me to bring it next weekend - not sure if your part trucks have one in decent shape or not.

my bet is still wheel weights. You probably knocked some off the inside of one of your front wheels. Is the vibration thru the steering wheel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work List 2012
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next