Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

high clearance front bumper options

Go down 
+3
Therealassmikeg
Jake
ajk150
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

high clearance front bumper options Empty
PostSubject: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 pm

Hey guys, so running back into my problem of last year. Keep catching my front bumper on stuff and was looking into a new option for a steel front bumper but there isn't much out there that appeals to be. Either its too bulky like the ARB or its to thin and doesn't have great road appearance like the RTE slimline. Then I found this, and I like the looks of it alot and was wondering if you knew of anyone with similar design over he in the US? Also I very much enjoy my fog lights, so its a plus to have those on my bumper being I drive alot in crappy hard to see conditions. As well as how it hugs the front and doesn't have a huge overhang like i stated with the ARB. Also as a plus the bumper converts to about $650 USD (not including shipping which i'm sure will add a few more hundred).

http://extreme4x4.co.uk/acatalog/DISCOVERY_2_WINCH_BUMPER_WITH_LIGHTS.html#adisco2wbumplights
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm

ajk150 wrote:
Hey guys, so running back into my problem of last year. Keep catching my front bumper on stuff and was looking into a new option for a steel front bumper but there isn't much out there that appeals to be. Either its too bulky like the ARB or its to thin and doesn't have great road appearance like the RTE slimline. Then I found this, and I like the looks of it alot and was wondering if you knew of anyone with similar design over he in the US? Also I very much enjoy my fog lights, so its a plus to have those on my bumper being I drive alot in crappy hard to see conditions. As well as how it hugs the front and doesn't have a huge overhang like i stated with the ARB. Also as a plus the bumper converts to about $650 USD (not including shipping which i'm sure will add a few more hundred).

http://extreme4x4.co.uk/acatalog/DISCOVERY_2_WINCH_BUMPER_WITH_LIGHTS.html#adisco2wbumplights

Call Justin at Lucky 8 he can find you something like that. The Terrafirma bumper looks pretty close to that minus the fog lights. I'd also consider switching to a light not integrated in the bumper like a regular Hella lamp. The recessed lighting looks cool but they arent very protected..

high clearance front bumper options Getimg
Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:02 pm

The Terrafirma bumper is nice, tight looking, and well made. Just installed one on my 04
Comes with a washer bottle gaurd, the tow hooks are an extra 100.00
or so. Not much room to mount driving or fogs though.
The one you're looking at looks very similar to the terrafirma.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 am

I like my RTE and with the slim profile I don't have to worry about approach angles as much.

http://www.rte-fab.com/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=36&TreeId=9
Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 am

It kind of diasappears into the truck
high clearance front bumper options P2010137_zpsd7be3fc1
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Equipe.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Jake wrote:
ajk150 wrote:

Call Justin at Lucky 8 he can find you something like that. The Terrafirma bumper looks pretty close to that minus the fog lights. I'd also consider switching to a light not integrated in the bumper like a regular Hella lamp. The recessed lighting looks cool but they arent very protected..

high clearance front bumper options Getimg

Ha. yeah call Justin. Then good luck...
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm also looking at HLC fabrication's as well. They have a few front bumpers I like, anyone worked with them before?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm

ajk150 wrote:
I'm also looking at HLC fabrication's as well. They have a few front bumpers I like, anyone worked with them before?

Yes Denny built my rear bumper. He is hands down the best "smaller" operation in the rover community. He has built some very nice D2 bumpers if you search over on Dweb. If its custom built it may take a bit longer and cost a few extra bucks but its worth it.

Here's the link http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81967&highlight=Denny
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:59 am

Overall how would you say his service is, pretty easy guy to convey thoughts onto? Easy to work with? I called and left a message today, so i'm finally biting the bullet and going for it. Hopefully will hear back tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I like the first one, to bad its in the Uk. I guess I'll just hold off on the bumper for now, already got a slew of new stuff in the last month. I need to watch myself, i got mod crazy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high clearance front bumper options   high clearance front bumper options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

high clearance front bumper options
Page 1 of 1