Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for you'z guys thoughts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Looking for you'z guys thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:50 pm

So my back shocks are starting to leak and I figured I'd might as well replace all of them and have new shocks for the Maine trip.
I'm looking at Terraferma and was wondering what the difference is between these two:
http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4080
and
http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4084

Any of you guys use Terraferma? I have Old man Emu's in it right now, but I've read from a couple of places they aren't as durable as the Terraferma's.

Edit: Or alternatively these: http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4078
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
So my back shocks are starting to leak and I figured I'd might as well replace all of them and have new shocks for the Maine trip.
I'm looking at Terraferma and was wondering what the difference is between these two:
http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4080
and
http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4084

Any of you guys use Terraferma? I have Old man Emu's in it right now, but I've read from a couple of places they aren't as durable as the Terraferma's.

Edit: Or alternatively these: http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4078

I'm on Terrafirma +2's on my 3" RTE lift right now... They ride well Stiff but not overly harsh..

Chris
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:19 pm

forcefed44 wrote:

I'm on Terrafirma +2's on my 3" RTE lift right now... They ride well Stiff but not overly harsh..

Chris

I have 2" RTE HD springs on mine so that's great thanks.
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
forcefed44 wrote:

Chris

I have 2" RTE HD springs on mine so that's great thanks.

That'll be a matched set.. I'm pushing it with the 3" and jacking the rear up 1 more inch to level the truck out...

Chris
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:39 am

I have had tf +2 shocks for about 3 years now. I like them.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:21 am

Thanks guys, that's a great help.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:02 pm

The Fox shocks are the best bang for the buck. They are more money but they are rebuildable. Justin at Lucky8 has them valved any way you want. I've used both OME and Terrafirma. I think the Terrafirma shock is a better shock than the OME and has a better ride on and off road. The Fox shock beats them both on the road and off. But will cost twice the price.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:18 pm

I don't know if I want to spend $400+ just on shocks, unless they will last twice as long as the Terraferma it doesn't make sense for me.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm

I just got the TF +2 shocks (not the big bore). Love them!

Considered FOX but I am a cheap prick.

(Stormers fan!)
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
I just got the TF +2 shocks (not the big bore). Love them!

Considered FOX but I am a cheap prick.

(Stormers fan!)
Yup, I'm in the same boat.

Stormers fan? My condolences, go Sharks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for you'z guys thoughts    Looking for you'z guys thoughts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for you'z guys thoughts
Page 1 of 1