Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Power Tank setup?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Do any of you guys have a CO2 tank setup such as a Power Tank? If so, how big of a tank, and does it use "standard" CO2 tank threads so that you could connect to a regular CO2 tank? (i.e.- Which you could get at a welding supply shop...)

I've been looking at building out a CO2 tank setup and after speaking to a couple welding shops I'm thinking that my options are as follows:

-a Smittybuilt 10lb kit (cost ~$250)
-a regulator kit from Power Tank (~$269-310) + 20lb CO2 tank from my local shop. (Tank would cost ~$137 for the tank including the first fill up.)
-a regulator from my welding shop (~$125) + 20lb CO2 tank from my local shop. (Tank would cost ~$137 for the tank including the first fill up.) + would need to source air hose and fittings. (Nothing to protect regulator.)
- A complete setup from Power Tank, including tank, regulator, the bar to protect the regulator, and airhose, sized between 10lbs and 20lbs is averaging ~$400 - $500. Price can vary if you're looking for different options.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I would think you would be able to build your own setup pretty easy. I know my CO2 tank for my keggerater (20lb) looks the same threads as the Power Tank. I know my tap reg only runs up to 50 psi I'm not sure whats out there as far as one to get you up to 100psi. As far has hoses an fittings its no different then a regular air after the reg.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 pm

what are you going to use it for?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Airing up, then to run the power tools I always need to fix all the shit I break.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

I thought about going the CO2 route but after having ripping air locker lines off I'm glad I went onboard air. Mite be something to look into also. I have a dual pump ViAir setup itll pump up tires no probleman itll run an impact for a few short burst before having to let it build up. Only things I dont like about onboard is lack of portability an its kinda annoying when the pumps kick on, but I have an unlimited supply of air as long as the hose reaches
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

exactly what i was thinking Brian. everyone i know that runs air lockers has leaks or other problems.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 pm

I used a spare co2 reg I had from an old kegerator. If I had to buy one again, I would get a fixed pressure one like this:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/CO2-Fixed-Regulator-p-297.html

the diaphragm on mine would ice up after a few tires. Buy a tank on craigslist, and swap it out at your local welding shop/
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 pm

oooh. i like that Brian. debating putting one together for my D1. I think I'm going to keep the interior pretty stock on this truck so not sure about room.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:08 pm

In this day and age why not carry a high output mini compressor for tires and a good batt power tool set? My 18volt dealt 1/2" impact is rated 300 ft.lbs. lied and they sell a car charger

Or small nail gun compressor run off power inverter?

Thought air tanks went out with the 1980/90's lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power Tank setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Tank setup?   Power Tank setup? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Tank setup?
Page 1 of 1