Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter truck essentials

Go down 
+2
Jake
jveen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Winter truck essentials  Empty
PostSubject: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 am

So I just seen on CNN that my area in suppose to get snow Saturday. I thought I would have at least a month before snow.

This is going to be the first winter I have my Disco. so what essential winter supplies and parts should I carry in my truck in case something bad happens while out on the trails this winter?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 am

jveen wrote:
So I just seen on CNN that my area in suppose to get snow Saturday. I thought I would have at least a month before snow.

This is going to be the first winter I have my Disco. so what essential winter supplies and parts should I carry in my truck in case something bad happens while out on the trails this winter?

1. a gun
2. a mummy sleeping bag
3. your choice on alcoholic beverage that makes you warm and fuzzy inside

no but seriously, just make sure you hit the trails with at least one other tuck if you're going to be far away from civilization. You can always leave your truck behind. Trying to stay in your truck until somebody comes and gets you would be a nightmare.

I would also suggest getting the AAA package that offers towing for free. You never know when it will come in handy.

And of course the normal stuff.. flash light, tools, etc just in case it's something you can fix while on the trail.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Jake pretty mutch nailed it with never go alone. Also carry shovel, kitty litter, extra change of clothes, antifreeze, come a long or winch with all the recovery goodies, tool kit, blah blah blah. More or less everything you should have in the truck anyhow off roading just dress warmer.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Almost forgot. Remember toilet paper it sucks using cold wet leaves.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake pretty mutch nailed it with never go alone. Also carry shovel, kitty litter, extra change of clothes, antifreeze, come a long or winch with all the recovery goodies, tool kit, blah blah blah. More or less everything you should have in the truck anyhow off roading just dress warmer.

I concur with that. I forgot shovel, I dont keep cats in my truck so I dont really need the kitty litter.

Investing in a hi lift with a winching kit and a jate ring may be invaluable if you do happen to get in over your head. Same as a come a long but i believe they can pull quiet a bit more. Obviously a winch is ideal but I might even carry one just in case I cant winch myself out of situations.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Kitty litter works great on ice for traction and you never know when you mite see a stray kitty in the woods that needs to go potty.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh and on a side note HiLift shovel handles fit over stock steering arms just ask Dave K.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Oh and on a side note HiLift shovel handles fit over stock steering arms just ask Dave K.

think that was actually an ARB shovel handle.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks for the input. Know time to make a list and go to the mall. I learned the hard away about going out alone in highschool.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 pm

WARM JACKET .... Carhartt FTW
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Long Haul wrote:

<<<<<<--------Hi Lift Shovel Handle (now recovered from use and back in it's bag)

What do I plan to take for cold weather? Ed. He has every tool, lots of food and is big and warm... santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter truck essentials    Winter truck essentials  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter truck essentials
Page 1 of 1