Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes

Go down 
+3
Turf
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes Empty
PostSubject: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

I got the OK from the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund for the Convoy 4 Heroes event. I'm open to suggestions on how we can make this event a success.

Here is the rough plan.

Get a D1 that is not a rust bucket.
We have parts companies signed on to donate off road bits, lift, bumpers, armor etc..
We set up a shop day and just build this truck up to be pretty sweet.
Multiple meeting spots along the route from NY to DC (maybe not DC.) for the convoy to pick people up and continue on.
Meeting spots will double as photo ops.
We stop in DC for food, final gas stop and great photo ops.
Convoy continues from DC on to The Conclave event (80 miles)

All Soldiers that have returned home from service and are injured or suffering from PTSD will be considered for a weekend in our truck at the event. If you know someone and would like to nominate them for the event please PM or email me. Two will be chosen to come on an off-road adventure. Camping, food, and drink will be provided for our heroes.
Raffle tickets are sold at a set price.
At the end of the weekend the truck is raffled off.
The money raised is donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/About-IFHF.aspx

Open to meeting locations, so far

Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla, NY - Westchester 9/11 Memorial
Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ - Empty Skies Memorial
Arlington, VA - Arlington National Cemetary

Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Instead of building up a truck that the club would have to insure, could we approach justin or eli, and request that whomever is chosen get to ride with one of them, in either of their buisness demo trucks, at an event? Or maybe contact garrett and see if we can get OE to donate a seat in one of their seminars. That might be easier, logistically. I just could just see a contest winner rolling a truck down J at rausch, and the club (ed) getting sued.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm

And I thought about all that. I was thinking of trailering the truck down. Being sued if our d1 goes ablaze is a good point. The other idea was to get t shirts donated, food donated and charge a flat fee which could be straight donation. That would be so much simpler. Open to more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

this is the coolest fucking idea. Im in for whatever you need. I liked the idea of the build truck more....only because i wont be the one getting sued. But it's sweet. In case you didnt figure it out yet...im fucking IN

HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes Kenny-powers-demotivational-poster-1239663549
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 am

I am definitively in on this as long as time permits. Suggestion about raising money I have would be similar to one of those walks where they get people to donate $ to sponsor them to walk, we just get them to sponsor us to drive. We can do this on top of anything you come up with if you want, but this is also a way to raise cash without any overhead or need for donations, only donations WE would be making is time and lots and lots of gas!!! I'm sure that we all know plenty of people who would be willing to donate $5 each , for example, and that would add up pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:33 am

ah great idea Hugh. why reinvent the wheel right? really like that idea. perhaps instead of off road bits for a truck to build we can get a few giveaways for the people who raise the most money. any other ideas from the think tank that is NELRC?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Solicit "prize" donations from vendors, and have a gift raffle at the annual, with all monies collected to go towards the convoy.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Solicit "prize" donations from vendors, and have a gift raffle at the annual, with all monies collected to go towards the convoy.

youre the man now dog.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:30 pm

durt d1ver wrote:

That idea works really well. I was treasurer for an industry trade association for a few years, one of the biggest events we had to raise money was a raffle we held after our annual golf tourney. vendors donated tons of cool stuff, raffle tickets sold in advance and at the event, raised tons of dough and all cash went right to local charity. Expenses for the event were covered by the registration fee so there was no cost. To up the ante, you could offer a few cool prizes for the person(s) that sell the most tickets (cheap little stuff, but all the braggin rights - we had the top seller actually get to be the one to present the check to the charity). I think you'd sell a ton of tickets to drunk people if you walk around the campsites at night... Could start selling this summer at Rausch.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 pm

what do you guys think of something like this?

HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes Convoy10
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

i'll try talking to big boss at work wal-mart donate stuff to causes all the time maybe we can get them to donate some of the food. Ed can i get your "business"email to give to him if he'd be interested he contact you.
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Ed it's simple but stated, I'd proudly put that on on my truck somewhere....sized appropriately, don't want something that is the size of the hood blackout lol
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Are you accepting applications? I could see if I could have something whipped up.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm

@JT
NELandRoverClub@gmail.com

@Hugh
no it will be normal sized. i just uploaded it to biggest possible by accident.

@turf
sure thing. if you are going to ask someone to create it i prefer it be saved in an .EPS and in one color. because t shirts will be made.

I'll make another one tomorrow when i have more energy. right now im fallin asleep on the keyboard. website place holder is up and the URL is purchased.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 pm

I was thinking, since you want to stop in westchester before going into nyc, why dont we start at West Point?
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 am

good there is a website my girlfriend talked me out of running into the GM's office saying give my club a donation.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I was thinking, since you want to stop in westchester before going into nyc, why dont we start at West Point?

west point would be a logistical nightmare. just to get in the guards would ask why we are there. then they bring the mirrors and dog out and make you open every door and the hatch and inspect each truck for 5 mins. i go there a few times a year for brunch with my family at the Thayer hotel. If it were not such a hassle to get in then i would say yeah its a great starting point. awesome views of the hudson up there and a great place to see.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:22 am

jveen wrote:
good there is a website my girlfriend talked me out of running into the GM's office saying give my club a donation.

im also waiting for a letter from our contact at the IFHF to write back in support of our event. He emailed me but i want some type of formal letterhead response so i can post that as well. Also going to ask about some brochures so when you do approach someone you can hand them something and not sound like you're makin it up.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am

Quote :
jveen wrote:

im also waiting for a letter from our contact at the IFHF to write back in support of our event. He emailed me but i want some type of formal letterhead response so i can post that as well. Also going to ask about some brochures so when you do approach someone you can hand them something and not sound like you're makin it up.

Yea I know what you mean when IFHF sends you something or get brochures let me know then I set something up with him.
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Let me know as well, I plan on going to my GM also. So far looks great!!...Just have 1 comment....Thursday?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Little Green Giant wrote:
Let me know as well, I plan on going to my GM also. So far looks great!!...Just have 1 comment....Thursday?!?!?

It leads into the Conclave off-road event which runs Thursday-Sunday in Gore, VA. I figured it's much easier to get people to convoy to an off-road event rather then trying to convince everyone to leave together.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 pm

I saw about meeting up at West Point, what about meeting up on top of Bear Mountain instead?
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Ed, any further news on this? Already put in the for the days off and would love to get cranking on raising some money. Like I said before I'm going to put my GM on the hook for some too, but I need something concrete to show him.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Little Green Giant wrote:
Ed, any further news on this? Already put in the for the days off and would love to get cranking on raising some money. Like I said before I'm going to put my GM on the hook for some too, but I need something concrete to show him.

Hey Hugh, yes I'm working hard on this. This week we will have a letter from the IFHF in support of our convoy, I'm also working with sponsors to come up with the best way to raise money as well as LRNA PR and social media to help spread the word. I will have most everyrhing nailed down before i leave for vaca next week. Did you see the off road ride & drive in manhattan? i posted it up here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes   HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP! need a truck / Convoy 4 Heroes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next