Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lower oil line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am

My new lower oil cooler line should be here today and If it doesn't rain Im going to install it. Question is how much oil is going to leak out? Lots or just whats in the line? Not sure If I need to go get some oil before I do the swap. I just changed my oil like 200 miles ago or Id just do a oil change while Im under there.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 pm

I've got one from PT Schram sitting in a box waiting for me to replace the lines on my D1 too. I'm just assuming that it's going to lose a lot of oil, so I'm planning the replacement to coincide with an oil change...
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm

From what I read on another forum and from what Jake said it should only leak about 1/2 a quart. Whats in the line and radiator. I hope so I only picked up one qt of oil, I guess I can go back out I just hate making two trips. We will see.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:42 pm

OK. Let me know how it goes and maybe I won't wait...
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
OK. Let me know how it goes and maybe I won't wait...

Will do.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Completed the install, wasn't to bad, lost a little more than half a quart but If you get the bottom line off and install the new line fast you won't loose so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lower oil line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower oil line   Lower oil line I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lower oil line
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: