Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduction

Go down 
+33
Regan Yeung
nehawks
TOM R
dcarr1971
Mooseknuckle
Gt3454
j.dstasio
jveen
JKlee
my92tealcp
Azaky
qbenplaya00
Vader
DarylJ
ajk150
Sean B.
devildog01
Thebloody323
GlobalJet
Turf
DiscoSux
DOHC
SPAS12
new2disco
LockenDIFF
AmityD90
devitor
durt d1ver
airbornrover
Long Haul
dschramm
Hilltoppersx
Jake
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gt3454
NELRC N00B

Introduction - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,
I've been lurking here for a while, figured it was time to say hello.

My name is Grant and I live in Portsmouth NH. Usually wheel with Exploring NH but catch as many rover parties as I can. I'm on my second Disco 2. My first one was white SE7, bone stock that I started building up over 3-4 years.
New and Shiny!!
Introduction - Page 4 2948_1134404436236_1136251_n

Seasoned!!
Introduction - Page 4 FallCrawl2011026

This year I found a TOTALLY done 2001 D2 on ebay. Bought it from a guy in NJ named Ryan (some of you may know him) and am currently in the process of beating the crap out of it regularly. Winter Romp cost me a door and a fender so we're off to a fabulous start (sadly I mean that with all seriousness. I have issues)

Introduction - Page 4 Newtruck_zps16f3de77
Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at Deer Lake or maybe I'll take the trip to the Pines/Rausch Creek. Have to go to RC eventually because there is already a sticker from there on the truck and I'm too lazy to scrape it off... guess I'll just have to go!!

Happy Rovering!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Gt3454 wrote:
Hi,
I've been lurking here for a while, figured it was time to say hello.

My name is Grant and I live in Portsmouth NH. Usually wheel with Exploring NH but catch as many rover parties as I can. I'm on my second Disco 2. My first one was white SE7, bone stock that I started building up over 3-4 years.
New and Shiny!!
Introduction - Page 4 2948_1134404436236_1136251_n

Seasoned!!
Introduction - Page 4 FallCrawl2011026

This year I found a TOTALLY done 2001 D2 on ebay. Bought it from a guy in NJ named Ryan (some of you may know him) and am currently in the process of beating the crap out of it regularly. Winter Romp cost me a door and a fender so we're off to a fabulous start (sadly I mean that with all seriousness. I have issues)

Introduction - Page 4 Newtruck_zps16f3de77
Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at Deer Lake or maybe I'll take the trip to the Pines/Rausch Creek. Have to go to RC eventually because there is already a sticker from there on the truck and I'm too lazy to scrape it off... guess I'll just have to go!!

Happy Rovering!

Welcome! You should come out to Rausch next month for the Annual! Ryan was wheeling with us on Saturday down in south Jersey. good guy! great looking trucks you have!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Mooseknuckle
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello all. I'm from the Abington, PA area. Picked up my 06 LR3 a few months back. Looking forward to joining one of the outings sometime.
Introduction - Page 4 2013-011
Introduction - Page 4 Lr3_pi10
Introduction - Page 4 Dsc_0310
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 pm

great lookin LR3!!!
Back to top Go down
Mooseknuckle
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 am

Welcome! It's nice to see new Land Rovers being used as they should and not as mall rovers.
Back to top Go down
Mooseknuckle
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 am

Thebloody323 wrote:
Welcome! It's nice to see new Land Rovers being used as they should and not as mall rovers.
Thanks, Everyone at my work said I'm insane for doing that to it, I laughed and told them that's why I bought it. I wanted something that was capable but at the same time super comfortable any other time. Loving my rover so far.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 am

Wait till you meet Sam, he has a red LR3 and shows us up in our range rovers and discoveries
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Wait till you meet Sam, he has a red LR3 and shows us up in our range rovers and discoveries

Welcome Moose. All you have to do is drive the LR3 like it belongs to your ex and you'll fit right in with Sam. Laughing

Oh, and don't follow me. I drive like I'm blind... Cool
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 11:16 am

Hi my name is tom and I am a rover addict Shocked we are in Gloucester co. N.J., and Westmoreland co. Va.

have a 1998 disco 1 I am slowly fixing everything on, will post a link to my thread at the land rover enthusiast forum after the 7 day wait, guess I need a background check Wink

Introduction - Page 4 DSC02710_zps056e1dee
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 11:47 am

TOM R wrote:
Hi my name is tom and I am a rover addict Shocked we are in Gloucester co. N.J., and Westmoreland co. Va.

have a 1998 disco 1 I am slowly fixing everything on, will post a link to my thread at the land rover enthusiast forum after the 7 day wait, guess I need a background check Wink

Introduction - Page 4 DSC02710_zps056e1dee

Welcome to the madness!

Sorry about the background checks, we work closely with the FBI and ICE as well as AA to make sure all of our members are actually crazy enough to own one of these trucks. And to keep spam to a minimum on the forum
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:50 pm

YUP SPAM SUCKS, I have done a ton of repairs already so I am hopefully in the final stretch so to speak, gonna try to do the head gaskets this week and go from there

got to love the land rover aka money pit, said that to some brits and they got highly offended lol cheers
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 3:57 pm

TOM R wrote:
YUP SPAM SUCKS, I have done a ton of repairs already so I am hopefully in the final stretch so to speak, gonna try to do the head gaskets this week and go from there

got to love the land rover aka money pit, said that to some brits and they got highly offended lol cheers

once you do those head gaskets though you will be good to go! like a brand new engine! you going to have the heads milled?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:05 pm

gonna have em checked and pressure tested it is only $45

also gonna soak the cats in citric acid while apart

not sure if I want to pin the sleeves while I have it half tore down just for good measure, just hope the exhaust manifolds unbolt

I did the intake set several months back and then the head gaskets started leaking externally, not looking forward to taking it back apart
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:09 pm

i see you have a hidden winch tray. is that the DAP mount?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:10 pm

built it myself there are pics on the other site
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:12 pm

TOM R wrote:
built it myself there are pics on the other site

cool. i had one or two of those. do a good job to keep the stock look.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:19 pm

it holds a 12k harbor freight winch, I ran the wiring custom and got one of the wireless remotes they sell, used it 1 time last sunday and works great

got the snorkel kit super cheap on ebay from china, need a basket, slightly more aggressive tires and a little bigger, sliders and some springs
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:26 pm

TOM R wrote:
it holds a 12k harbor freight winch, I ran the wiring custom and got one of the wireless remotes they sell, used it 1 time last sunday and works great

got the snorkel kit super cheap on ebay from china, need a basket, slightly more aggressive tires and a little bigger, sliders and some springs

tires, i use the treadwright guard dog b2b design. they are amazing for the price. but if you wanted an AT instead i think they have a b2b AT design now as well. i might be going to a bigger lift on my classic if you want my OME springs. they are 2"
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I take it they are medium weight or better? will they work with my Bilstien shocks? how much?

I just want a plain a/t generic, I run continental contitrac now and they seem fine for trails but could be a little more aggressive for slick areas, they wear great and drive great on the road running 235/70/16 I will probly only go to 235/75/16
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm

TOM R wrote:
I take it they are medium weight or better? will they work with my Bilstien shocks? how much?

I just want a plain a/t generic, I run continental contitrac now and they seem fine for trails but could be a little more aggressive for slick areas, they wear great and drive great on the road running 235/70/16 I will probly only go to 235/75/16

they are medium all around. are the bilstein remote reservoir?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:47 pm

no they are 9275 front and 9276D rear ( part # from the ab site) guessing standard size

I got em from a u pull with springs, seems the front springs I got are med duty and work great with the winch weight, the rears are light duty and with a little weight in the back it squats just like with the old ones, we had guessed by the markings they are arb springs either way payed $65 for the set of shocks and springs
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:53 pm

TOM R wrote:
no they are 9275 front and 9276D rear ( part # from the ab site) guessing standard size

I would get shocks that are longer. maybe the terrafirma +2"
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:00 pm

stinks about the rear springs I got cause I like how it sits now and for me would be fine once the running boards are removed, I am guessing the 2" probly won't sit much higher with the extras installed
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:04 pm

TOM R wrote:
stinks about the rear springs I got cause I like how it sits now and for me would be fine once the running boards are removed, I am guessing the 2" probly won't sit much higher with the extras installed

if you plan to put more armor on, sliders, belly skid or fuel skid etc. i would just go get the terrafirma HD kit from Lucky 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next