Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

no start on the GDE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

no start on the GDE Empty
PostSubject: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

I drove the RRC last night to the store about 3 miles, No probem starting it, but in the store parking lot when leaving it was a hard start. This morning no start, charged the battery for 3 hours, no go. got a new battery, no go. checked all the wiring still no go. The temp is 27 deg. HMMMM!!!! put a hair dryer on the starter for 15min. Started right up. Wierd!!!!, I think the starter got to wet. time for a new starter.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm

IDK. FWIW, if there was such a thing as 'too wet' for my starter, I'd be replacing it every time I took the truck off road...

...maybe something else (relays, wiring harness, etc...) got wet, or one of your grounds is loose?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
IDK. FWIW, if there was such a thing as 'too wet' for my starter, I'd be replacing it every time I took the truck off road...

...maybe something else (relays, wiring harness, etc...) got wet, or one of your grounds is loose?

I dont know, I cleaned all the connections, had 13 volts, at the starter, no start, All I did was put some heat to it from the hair dryer.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:48 pm

i think i found the problem

no start on the GDE 23398_10

oh wait maybe it was this

no start on the GDE 31420510

pull the starter, soak it in wd40 and then let it dry out on a heater. reinstall. that water is filthy.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm sure that was the cause of the problem, LOL!!! I just thought it was wierd that it took just a little bit of heat to fix it, The starter problably had some water in it, after the temp droped to below zero any water that was in the starter turned to water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no start on the GDE   no start on the GDE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no start on the GDE
Page 1 of 1