Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1) Empty
PostSubject: Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1)   Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Pop the top of the shift lever off (pulls straight up) and check to see if the clip on the button is intact. From time to time they come off and do not lift the rod in the handle making shifting impossible.

If that doesn't work and the clip is still attached then then check to see if you have working brake lights. If your brake lights are not working then check fuse F1 in the fascia fuse box. Should solve your problem. Quirky isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1)   Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:47 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Pop the top of the shift lever off (pulls straight up) and check to see if the clip on the button is intact. From time to time they come off and do not lift the rod in the handle making shifting impossible.

If that doesn't work and the clip is still attached then then check to see if you have working brake lights. If your brake lights are not working then check fuse F1 in the fascia fuse box. Should solve your problem. Quirky isn't it?

This happened to me the other night. Still didnt figure out exactly what it was.. It's good to know this stuff so you dont freak out when your truck is stuck in park ha
Back to top Go down

Can't Shift into or out of Park (Disco 1)
Page 1 of 1