Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mettowee Off Road Park

Go down 
+3
durt d1ver
Jake
Hilltoppersx
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Mettowee Off Road Park Empty
PostSubject: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm

So i found this off road park in upstate NY, its not far outside Albany.

here is the link to google map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=608+County+Route+12,+Whitehall+NY%4043.478982,-73.357318&hl=en&sll=42.22402,-73.764415&sspn=2.554532,5.795288&z=16

it looks pretty cool, it's massive and they have a lot of mud bogs and stuff but they also have a pretty large trail system. some of the pics look like some cool trails. It might be cool to do a outing up there. What do you guys think?

check out these http://mettoweeoffroadextremepark.shutterfly.com/pictures/57
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Looks pretty good to me! When you wanna go?

Going to start trouble shooting my overheating issue tonight. Gonna get a hose and flush the rad tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 pm

i don't know we should try August 20 & 21? we need a few people interested. Prices are cheaper than Rausch. It's $25 for a driver. no membership. and it's cheaper if you go two days. I think it said $40.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i don't know we should try August 20 & 21? we need a few people interested. Prices are cheaper than Rausch. It's $25 for a driver. no membership. and it's cheaper if you go two days. I think it said $40.

For sure like I said I am in either way. If my truck isnt ready by then can I ride with you and I'll throw you some gas $$?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

One of the owners just got back to me. He said they have 70 trails with varied difficulty. They are still working on the trail map. The park is brand new think ut opened to the public earlier this year. He said if we see something we like give it a go make a new trail. Lol. They also can recover you. Seems pretty cool. He said they are putting together a video this week ofof the trails
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 am

Thats really cool! Post up the vid when you get your hands on it. Very interested.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 am

Sounds like chain saws are on the tool bringing list.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 am

should have brought one last weekend too... machetes just weren't enough!
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 am

Goggle says over 5 hr drive from me, dang thats far. Maybe we should get together with them, to plan some type of whole weekend rally. This years anti-mar?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

Jake wrote:

You're telling me, i'm very disappointed with the quality of my new gerber machete.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:23 am

durt d1ver wrote:
Jake wrote:

You're telling me, i'm very disappointed with the quality of my new gerber machete.

I'm surprised since it's a gerber. My cheapy wally world machete holds up pretty well but then again I havent tryed to cut down small trees with it lol

ANTI MAR RALLY!!!! I hear a lot of people where let down with the trails at this place they host it at... Sounds like a plan to me.

Last edited by Jake on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 am

From ROAV site..

The 2011 Mid Atlantic Rally will return to Willow Hill in Buckingham County, September 29th through October 2.

I'm sure Justin will be down to sponsor since he's up north also.

EDIT: nevermind I think it's on the opposite side of the state as him
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:26 pm

I doubt we have enough time to plan a real anti mar rally. But we should start planning for next year.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:36 pm

these people are awesome! they say they would let us wheel at night if we wanted. they would even show us around the park. we just need to be mindful thru the campsite on premesis as not to blind everyone with my end-of-days hella setup. here is the convo i had with them on Facebook

North East Land Rover Club (NELRC)
We are talking about having an outing to your park. Do you have any trail maps available online that detail exactly how hard certain trails are? We are not mudders but we have well equipped trucks with protection and recovery gear and would like some technical trails. Currently we have mutliple outings to Rausch Creek out in Tremont, PA every year as well as the Pine Barrens in South Jersey. We would love to add your venue into our mix.

Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park
Just talked with the President off the park and club on the phone and he said that the site map is in the making but not complete. No date as to when. As for the technical trail, there are many who visit our pages here that will attest to to the level of difficulty. this past weekend we were out with a few of the local crawlers getting some footage, still and video, it should be available within the week. There are at least 70 trails here in our park currently. If you see something that you want to try, all is good, have at it and make your own trail. Contact me (Keith) directly for more information. info@mettoweeoffroadextrem​epark.com

Jarod Bouchard we go there all the time and love the place. the crew we wheel with never touch the mud either and spend all weekend wheelin the technical stuff. just make sure some of ya have a winch because theres plenty to get you in trouble and pucker.

Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park Thanks Jarod for your imput

North East Land Rover Club (NELRC) great, thank you for the info. We can map it out as we go. according to the website it opens on Friday at 5pm and closes Sunday at 5pm. Two questions; since we are traveling most of us would come up Friday is there away to arrange the park being open earlier then 5pm Friday? and also does the park allow night wheeling?

Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park
I am very sure we can do this, I would need to clarify with the owners but this should not be a problem for your group... If it works with my schedule (Ethan Therrien, BOD) i would be more then willing to give you a private tour of the park...See More

North East Land Rover Club (NELRC) Thanks for the info. I will talk it over with the rest of the club and we will set a date. Looking forward to seeing your park!

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 pm

maybe we do a fall event up there instead of in the pines? i looked around and this is the most descent place close by if we go when it's to cold to camp.

http://www.panoramamotelny.com/

let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
maybe we do a fall event up there instead of in the pines? i looked around and this is the most descent place close by if we go when it's to cold to camp.

http://www.panoramamotelny.com/

let me know what you guys think. Oct 14-16?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 am

Sounds like a sweet place, pretty much a free for all. I would prefer an end of August trip because once school starts I'm pretty much out of any trips.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 am

KingKong8247 wrote:
Sounds like a sweet place, pretty much a free for all. I would prefer an end of August trip because once school starts I'm pretty much out of any trips.

how about august 19-21?
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:24 am

august??? to cold to camp????that is the right time of year to camp.hot during the days and nice and comfortable at night for sleeping
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:30 am

dschramm wrote:
august??? to cold to camp????that is the right time of year to camp.hot during the days and nice and comfortable at night for sleeping

i think the orig plan was to hotel it if we went in October. We will def camp if it's August. I want to go check it out and if we like it enough i could see this being our big outing every year.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 am

6hrs and 45 minutes for us,here in Philly.it would mean a camping weekend for us.i just went camping with the family,their first trip camping.they had a good time.i think they would have fun camping and wheeling the weekend as well.will have to talk to the boss and see what she thinks.(i like where i sleep at night when i come home from playing truck driver)
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 am

dschramm wrote:
6hrs and 45 minutes for us,here in Philly.it would mean a camping weekend for us.i just went camping with the family,their first trip camping.they had a good time.i think they would have fun camping and wheeling the weekend as well.will have to talk to the boss and see what she thinks.(i like where i sleep at night when i come home from playing truck driver)

yeah it's a haul. but they seem like great people and considering they will let us wheel at night, make our own trails, then name them... camping is on premesis or there are a few motels and B&B's around. Shuler is the same way he refuses to camp after being in his truck all week. I can't blame you guys. but my tent is by no means rouging it. especially since i just bought a massive cot.

http://www.amazon.com/Teton-Sports-Outfitter-XXL-Cot/dp/B000P6BGYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310556925&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 am

if we really like the place and end up using it as our annual event, i want to plan this event for next summer and push it out on all the forums. would like to see 50 trucks. make it as well known as The Cove and The Wilds.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
if we really like the place and end up using it as our annual event, i want to plan this event for next summer and push it out on all the forums. would like to see 50 trucks. make it as well known as The Cove and The Wilds.

Are we locking in a date for late August? I am going to have to start saving tons of money now.. NO MORE buying truck parts for a while... moving + changing jobs always makes things interesting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mettowee Off Road Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next