Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trans pan bolt torque

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Trans pan bolt torque  Empty
PostSubject: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:

no just the rubber gasket
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:

its either bent or dinged, or wasn't cleaned enough. take it off and use that goof off stuff to remove any leftovers that might be stuck.

the oil sump to gearbox bolts are 6lbf.ft
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:

its either bent or dinged, or wasn't cleaned enough. take it off and use that goof off stuff to remove any leftovers that might be stuck.

Thanks Ed yeah torquing the bolts even more didnt work still leaking , no choice but to dump all the oil clean it and install again , since I got to used new oil anything good that you guys can recommend for trans fluid ??
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am

Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:

Thanks Ed yeah torquing the bolts even more didnt work still leaking , no choice but to dump all the oil clean it and install again , since I got to used new oil anything good that you guys can recommend for trans fluid ??

thats like asking what oil... i use mobil,... i know someone else would argue nothing but redline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Trans pan bolt torque  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans pan bolt torque
Page 1 of 1