Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anyone going to batsto today?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

anyone going to batsto today? Empty
PostSubject: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 am

we may try to go trail riding this afternoon at batsto if anyone is gonna be there, snorkel is finished along with the head gaskets and OME 2" lift so need to ride now Wink
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:40 pm

guess I meant to say Wharton bounce
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

how did it go?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm

if you want puddles goto the batsto side on batsto/Washington road drive past the visitors center, when the paved road goes right keep straight on the dirt follow that down past the ranger tower and go around to the right then find the blue marked trees turn left then right again, this puts you on a road with all big puddles one after another

we got stuck in someone's ruts and I do mean stuck, winch was of course no prepped so I had to lay on the hood with the wireless remote trying to get the winch hook undone from the bottom of the brush guard

got it off had the wife hand me a strap hooked it and threw it to land and jumped I got it out but it took so long the cabin filled with water and mud

my previous water proofing must have been successful cause we had no drivability issues all day, the $185 snorkel paid for itself  imo  since I can guarantee that would have sucked water and wiped the mass air flow and or engine

harbor freight winch was submerged entire time and worked like a charm
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 pm

anyone going to batsto today? E12dd330-c855-406f-b0bd-732b1d437ba4_zps62757bf5
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm

anyone going to batsto today? 2013-06-16150140_zpsb34cbe96
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm

that looks like where Turf got stuck last time we went out.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:40 pm

definitely need slightly larger tires thinking I want like a 235/75/16  or 245 /75/ 16 but only an a/t nothing too aggressive
 got to get a basket and some nerf bars/steps for the wife and son to get in

this is with 2" OME hd I just installed Bilstiens and 235/70/16 all seasons

anyone going to batsto today? DSC02771_zps47e04411

Last edited by TOM R on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:41 pm

anyone going to batsto today? DSC02778_zps9947506b
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:28 am

Should have just tossed the kids out into the water. lol
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 am

oh no my 8 year old son was screaming and crying he wanted mom mom cause the water was in the truck,wife laughing, ugh
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah both my parents would have been laughing then after a few minutes pops would have said with a straight face to get out and swim. lmao
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

yeah just pulled the carpets and hosed them and the floors huge mess silt mudd everywhere, my disc changer is shot hoping it will dry out to at least get the cartridge out

would not have been bad had I pre staged the winch like in the after shot, dukes of hazard out the window and onto the hood but just could not get it unhooked from the bumper, water did not pass the door seals it came in the door drains and through the door panels cause we were sitting

man I wish these had floor drains like my jeeps did

think I will spray bedliner all inside before carpets go back

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO THROW MY SON IN IT pirat
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

gonna try to go tomorrow try to meet up with vader and go into Wharton at his area
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Take pics! Tell Ryan I said hello
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 pm

met ryan and drove back through Wharton to batsto, got stuck again in a puddle, so bad I broke a strap winching out standing there wishing I took the cables ryan offered my lol, and son freekin out again so he will not be coming with us anymore, I also have an elevated idle now guess something got wet, water in cabin again no pics this time looked same as last time just different puddle Smile
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Yes, Ryans' good people. I'll get out offroading again one day when my race schedual calms down but I don't forsee it until the fall..

Chris
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:12 am

whats with you guys and breaking straps. someone is going to get hurt. sounds like you need to spend $100 on some kinetic rope. We used the one I told Kevin to buy at least 15 times up in Maine.

http://www.asroffroad.com/products.php?cat=3
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am

real old strap I have had for 20 years been in storage for 15( haven't been wheelin in a long time)

I do know to stand way clear of ropes straps and cables cause they can do stupid things Wink 
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

it's the D rings and hooks you have to be careful of
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Yup they like to break glass grills and people contrary to what the mythbusters say cyclops 

just ordered up a procomp 20' 20, 000 lb strap with loops both ends for $40 with free shipping on ebay, that is about double my winch so we will see how good it is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to batsto today?   anyone going to batsto today? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone going to batsto today?
Page 1 of 1