Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mr tire stay away

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

mr tire stay away Empty
PostSubject: mr tire stay away   mr tire stay away I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Wow I just dealt with Mr tire in woodbury heights n.j. and what a joke

Back story, I got a set of new tires wholesale using my brothers car lot, I picked them up at the distributor friday, went to a friends shop, I mounted and balanced them, this wa saturday drove car home parked till yesterday we will say total 10 miles on new tires before alignment includes driving to shop

Mother in law drops car off at above shop (sorry no connections for alignments Smile )
Tells them check front end do not align if bad counter person says OK

I pick up the car for her a few hours later and look at the alignment sheet all green but some are at the Max end before out of spec, I used to do alignments when I was a GM tech and do not like seeing that but benifit of doubt I take the car

Leave lot and imediatly notice loose steering and wants to go right OK maybe road crown, take jughandle at light head home (4 lane devided road) left lane car runs off right unless wheel is held at 11 o'clock, tried right lane same

Take car right back to shop tell them the problem, while test driving our car, another person comes in same complaint (he was waiting when I picked ours up)

Our car goes back on the rack heads back on, he messes with it then comes and says you have a bad tie rod Question  I asked didn't you shake down the front end before alignment?

No we don't do that company policy affraid  say what!!????! I then say the customer requested you do not align if there is a bad part, he states we saw new tires and assumed it was fine WHAT!!!!???

I explained I was a GM tech went to GM school and did alignments about 15 years back but from what I recall all angles should be as close as possible to 0 * except for a slight toe in on pass front to comp for road crown

He states that's old school no one does it like that and he alignes brand new cars for the dodge dealer up the street and they won't go to that spec

Then he says he was to swap the front tires to see if it pulls the other way (looking for bad tire)
he did and drove it and told me you have a bad tire ( this guy is a genius he can align a car with bad tie rod and tell me brand new tires are no good still with a bad alignmemt and tie rod)lol! 

So today I replace the tie rod and I law takes it back she walks in they say oh that cars back she said excuse me ? oh well your car has defective tires so an alignment will not fix it, she says I asked for the front end to be checked you did not, well it doesn't matter cause you have bad tires so she asked for a refund, NO REFUNDS, talk to mgr? ALIGNMENT GUY SAYS I AM THE MGR Shocked 

She leaves without the realignment

I call corperate to complain and got nowhere they state she can ask for a refund but won't get it computer shows they aligned 3 times, I explained the above and was told take it to another Mr tire it is gaurenteed 60 days I said they did not align 3 times (they are now lying to corperate) and asked if it is policy to not check for bad steering parts before alignment, I don't know WTF?

She refuses to take the cars back and is out $90 since she is taking it to another shop
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

mr tire stay away Empty
PostSubject: Re: mr tire stay away   mr tire stay away I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Oh they are owned by Monroe so neither company will ever see our cars total b.s.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

mr tire stay away Empty
PostSubject: Re: mr tire stay away   mr tire stay away I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 pm

In law took the car to a local garage paid for another alignment car drives perfect now go figure
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

mr tire stay away Empty
PostSubject: Re: mr tire stay away   mr tire stay away I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

i would write up a nasty review on Google, Yelp and Facebook. Whenever I have a negative experience I tear them up on the web so that if anyone searches for them, they see mine and maybe some others that will deter them from doing business there.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content

mr tire stay away Empty
PostSubject: Re: mr tire stay away   mr tire stay away I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mr tire stay away
Page 1 of 1