Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tires

Go down 
+7
dschramm
devitor
Hilltoppersx
airbornrover
DiscoSux
Long Haul
Jake
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Lets talk about tires

Next spring I am going to probably end up with 33"s

Came across these http://www.fiercetires.com/tires/attitude-mt/index.html# kind of remind me of the Nitto mud grapplers

But will probably end up going treadwright guard dogs

What tires do you guys have/had and what do you think of them? What would you like to try out?
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I think these in 35s are gonna be next set for the green truck:
http://pitbulltires.com/rocker.php
Just cant get past the price of them right now when my 33s only have about 2500-3000 miles on them. I can say im not going with directional tires anymore like my Baja Claws, they will go anywhere but forget about trying to stop or backup on anything wet even paved road.
As far as the red truck I'm waiting to finish the lift to see what size will fit on it, but I'm leaning tward Duratracs since itll mostly be a mall crawler and daily driver.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Let me know what you do with bajaclaws. I'll try them on once I get the new springs in
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I have a set of heavily worn MTR's on my truck now and I am not disappointed. It is making me think twice about swapping over to my set of 1/2 worn KM's I have in the garage.

I run whatever I happen upon in my travels. I got the MTR's with the steel wheels I wanted from Randy and I got the KM's off a parts truck I bought.

My truck with OME lift, Bilsteins, Rovertym front bumper, MileMarker 9.5k winch, SD roof rack with (4) Hella 1000's, rear ladder, 16" steel wheels with worn MTR's, Heavy Duty RoverTracks steering rod with OME relocated steering damper, SafariGard diff guards (for sale), Rovertym Sliders, Borla Exhaust, RR rear drive shaft, 96k miles and working air, fresh head gaskets (I did those) and I only have a hair over $3k in her. I am cheap, cheap, cheap!

santa
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:00 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
I have a set of heavily worn MTR's on my truck now and I am not disappointed. It is making me think twice about swapping over to my set of 1/2 worn KM's I have in the garage.

I run whatever I happen upon in my travels. I got the MTR's with the steel wheels I wanted from Randy and I got the KM's off a parts truck I bought.

My truck with OME lift, Bilsteins, Rovertym front bumper, MileMarker 9.5k winch, SD roof rack with (4) Hella 1000's, rear ladder, 16" steel wheels with worn MTR's, Heavy Duty RoverTracks steering rod with OME relocated steering damper, SafariGard diff guards (for sale), Rovertym Sliders, Borla Exhaust, RR rear drive shaft, 96k miles and working air, fresh head gaskets (I did those) and I only have a hair over $3k in her. I am cheap, cheap, cheap!

santa

how was the head gaskets job?
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Jake wrote:

Not bad. Last bolt on the right side was tricky but I got it with the right tools.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:

Not bad. Last bolt on the right side was tricky but I got it with the right tools.

good to know! as I'm sure I will get the chance to do that eventually.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Most of my time has been with the KM1's and just put on the KM 2 (their either D or E rated) which have worked really well so far. Did pretty good in the snow this past winter. Eat through the mud as always. Handle the roads pretty good for mud tires too.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:32 pm

airbornrover wrote:
Most of my time has been with the KM1's and just put on the KM 2 (their either D or E rated) which have worked really well so far. Did pretty good in the snow this past winter. Eat through the mud as always. Handle the roads pretty good for mud tires too.

Im going to run 33" Guard Dogs - the KM1 rip offs probably get them next spring
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 am

Jake wrote:
airbornrover wrote:

you know my feeling on them already...
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
airbornrover wrote:

you know my feeling on them already...

Ed <3's treadwrights!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 pm

What size are you looking at?
Back to top Go down
devitor
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
devitor

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs ftmfwy!

best tires i'ver ever had the pleasure of owning. Falken Azenis Rt-615s are also quite good, but that might not be relevant to this forum(have them on my 240Z), lol.

i've been using MT/Rs for the past 7 years in the army, all of our humvees are equiped with them. when i was in the market for tires for the rover, i figured id go with what i know works. they have alot of road noise, but then again, our rovers are already quite loud with roof racks, bumpers, etc.

the only downside for me was the cost. i bought mine direct from atlantic british so that wasn't very cheap...

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ron.devito
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

285/75 Or 305's
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

285/75 Or 305's

Nevermind they dont have them in 305
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Are u going to regear?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Are u going to regear?

Maybe eventually. A lot of guys are running them with stock gears with out complaint. I dont think I am going to get new tires till next year. I just dont have a reason to get them yet. Except my truck is going to look funny with this springs and spacers and 32" skinnys.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Are u going to regear?

Maybe eventually. A lot of guys are running them with stock gears with out complaint. I dont think I am going to get new tires till next year. I just dont have a reason to get them yet. Except my truck is going to look funny with this springs and spacers and 32" skinnys.

i just get worried about the excess stress on the drivetrain. if i went any bigger it would be 35's and i would get HD shafts, axles and regear. but im not dumping that kinda money into this truck. i rather save for a defender or series 3
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Are u going to regear?

i just get worried about the excess stress on the drivetrain. if i went any bigger it would be 35's and i would get HD shafts, axles and regear. but im not dumping that kinda money into this truck. i rather save for a defender or series 3

I'm trying to avoid cutting fenders.. I'll go extended bump stops. Regearing lockers and axels will be next year. This year will be rear bumper. Different front bumper (probably HLC or roxstar fab). Maybe a few more small things. Maybe an extra disco or rrc swb.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 am

Found this on pirate - I am looking for practically the same thing.

"this looked like the stance and setup i want it has a 3" rovertym lift with 285/75/16
Tires            Dsc02102wq"
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am

that's a good looking truck, i love the green that's what my first D1 looked like.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
that's a good looking truck, i love the green that's what my first D1 looked like.

Yea I like the set up. Im going after 285/75 guard dogs come next spring. I have my springs KBS'ed going to spay a top coat on then and intall them tomorrow and Saturday.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 am

Jake wrote:
I just dont have a reason to get them yet. Except my truck is going to look funny with this springs and spacers and 32" skinnys.

I love my 235/85-16 pizza cutters. Somehow they just look "right" on a rover.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 am

I'm starting to think twice about my Mickey Thompsons after that last RC trip I'm starting to loose some chunks out of the lugs, not sure if thats due to not airing down or not??? Thankfully I have Dynabeads or theyd be way out of balance. Hopefully I'll have 35"s by spring just gotta decide what kind yet.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 am

Long Haul wrote:
I'm starting to think twice about my Mickey Thompsons after that last RC trip I'm starting to loose some chunks out of the lugs, not sure if thats due to not airing down or not??? Thankfully I have Dynabeads or theyd be way out of balance. Hopefully I'll have 35"s by spring just gotta decide what kind yet.

you don't have any rubbing on the fender wells do you? i lost a few chunks out of my front lugs when the tires were rubbing my bumper before i trimmed it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tires            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next