Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D2 brake switch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 pm

in case we were keeping tabs... the D2 brake light switch is made in Malta and the wiring harness is made in Egypt... good to see the Indians are keeping the rest of the world employed.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:01 pm

did that turn out to be the problem? Is your starter working correctly now too?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:09 am

durt d1ver wrote:

going to install it today, i was having probelms getting a gear or park on the way home and i notice the brake was only engaging the solenoid some of the time.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

going to install it today, i was having probelms getting a gear or park on the way home and i notice the brake was only engaging the solenoid some of the time.

Any luck?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:34 am

New switch installed. Did very little. The solenoid is working 100%. There was still a delay finding gears so I sprayed the crap out of the xyz and it is working better now. Will have to rebuild or replace it soon though.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:05 pm

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1441340,parttype,4584

When we were talking on the phone, I meant neutral safety switch, which is the same as xzy switch i found out. I think I told you something like transmission interlock switch.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:19 am

durt d1ver wrote:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1441340,parttype,4584

When we were talking on the phone, I meant neutral safety switch, which is the same as xzy switch i found out. I think I told you something like transmission interlock switch.

i knew what you meant. im going to take it out again on friday see how if it is acting up. it was fine last time i brought it out. if worse comes to works i will order one from rockauto they have the best prices or try and rebuild the one on there. or do both and have a backup. its funny how we called it an xyz and in England they call it a wxyz.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
in case we were keeping tabs... the D2 brake light switch is made in Malta and the wiring harness is made in Egypt... good to see the Indians are keeping the rest of the world employed.

Malta? Really? That country is smaller than Rhode Island. I have friend there, maybe he made it!?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Malta? Really? That country is smaller than Rhode Island. I have friend there, maybe he made it!?

You know somebody from Malta?!
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 am

I know someone in Malta also, he lives there because he can not be a functioning member of society in a first world country.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 am

Jake wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

You know somebody from Malta?!

I have known him for years. On a Sunday morning (no traffic) he can ride from one end of his country to the other - the long ways - in a bit over 30 minutes (motorcycle).
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 pm

i can't understand why they made a new design brake light switch, it is different from the original part. and on top of that the wiring harness is different so there is an adapter piece.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i can't understand why they made a new design brake light switch, it is different from the original part. and on top of that the wiring harness is different so there is an adapter piece.

ha that sounds like a treat. I would never be able to figure that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D2 brake switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: D2 brake switch   D2 brake switch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D2 brake switch
Page 1 of 1