Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Work List 2012

Go down 
+10
dcarr1971
devildog01
Jake
Hilltoppersx
jveen
LockenDIFF
durt d1ver
Long Haul
apatrizzi
Turf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Work List 2012 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Here she is on 235/85/16's

When I bought it

Work List 2012 - Page 8 Disco17765

After mods

Work List 2012 - Page 8 Photo

Shes coming along
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

and its cleaner!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

My first D2 before Work List 2012 - Page 8 07312
and afterWork List 2012 - Page 8 09010
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
and its cleaner!!!!

For now Smile Just noticed my freaking oil line is leaking again, of course its not leaking where it was before I replaced the line but at the fitting that screws right next to the oil pan. I thought I had it fixed. Went two days without a drop, now..... FUCK! Got to get this thing to seal right.

Last edited by LockenDIFF on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm

looks like we need a before and after thread.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
looks like we need a before and after thread.

I will start one once I get my fender flares on
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:19 am

Well I figured it's about time for an update since I have done a bit more work to my truck.

got the 3-link in. and it is pretty bad ass - cant wait to test it on the trails

Work List 2012 - Page 8 539086_3292999721849_1173450092_32797076_403160771_n

Testing to see how much droop front has and making sure springs reseat on cones

Work List 2012 - Page 8 Hilift10

And how it sits at ride height - looks lower in rear cause I havent chopped as much fender off yet.

Work List 2012 - Page 8 530391_3310789446581_1173450092_32803798_60637161_n

Still have a long list of shit to do.. Stuff I hope to accomplish this week..

*alignment and tighten steering box preload
*figure out solution for routing hosing for snorkel since the towers are in the way
*figure out why rebuilt and "rebalanced" drive shaft is creating vibrations. Played with like 5 different pinion angles and it's still doing the same thing. Removed front shaft and vibrations gone.
*install fender flares - cut fenders, sliders and bumpers to give plenty of room
*install bump stops and flex out suspension so I can get perfect shock mounted heights ect
*establish ideal ride height - bought 2" spacers of JT may swap those in for an extra inch. My ideal ride height is somewhere between a RTE 3" and RTE 5" with the shocks and tires I am running..
*extend rear links out another 1/4" to compensate for height change
*get spare tire mounted on rim and stashed in the back
*install center link that Frank made up for me with the ballistic fab joints Very Happy

There is alot more small stuff on the list but this is the stuff I need to do in order to have it ready for up coming events. I really want to take it out next weekend and test it at trails rd if anybody else is interested in going
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:33 am

You already know I'm ready for trails rd
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 am

Finally got the 33s mounted on the TerraFirma steel wheels and put on the D2. Bearmach tank skid went on the truck just before the Maine Winter Romp.

Work List 2012 - Page 8 IMG00500-20120326-0729

Still need to install the TF snorkel, TW front drive shaft, and a few other bits. Custom steel bumpers are being fabricated by a friend, ETA is unknown since he's incredibly busy and a perfectionist...my 10k winch goes in when they're done. My Southdowne rear diff guard is DOA...sheared off the top mounting point and spit open along one of the bottom pan's seams, so I'll be sourcing a replacement soon...probably with a pinion guard since I'm still running a rotoflex on the rear drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

dcarr1971 wrote:
Finally got the 33s mounted on the TerraFirma steel wheels and put on the D2. Bearmach tank skid went on the truck just before the Maine Winter Romp.

Work List 2012 - Page 8 IMG00500-20120326-0729

Still need to install the TF snorkel, TW front drive shaft, and a few other bits. Custom steel bumpers are being fabricated by a friend, ETA is unknown since he's incredibly busy and a perfectionist...my 10k winch goes in when they're done. My Southdowne rear diff guard is DOA...sheared off the top mounting point and spit open along one of the bottom pan's seams, so I'll be sourcing a replacement soon...probably with a pinion guard since I'm still running a rotoflex on the rear drive shaft.

lookin good Dave!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

Nice work Dave! Loving the 255's? do they rub at all? looks like you may need a 1" spacer or some trimming. I have a dent in the same spot on the other side of my truck..

Order a QT rear guard from Justin but make sure to tell him you have a rotoflex cause there is an extra plate piece that you need. Then if you ever convert to u joints you can remove the plate.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Jake wrote:
Nice work Dave! Loving the 255's? do they rub at all? looks like you may need a 1" spacer or some trimming. I have a dent in the same spot on the other side of my truck..

Order a QT rear guard from Justin but make sure to tell him you have a rotoflex cause there is an extra plate piece that you need. Then if you ever convert to u joints you can remove the plate.

I got the plate If you need it.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks guys, I haven't much of a chance to give the replacement solution a lot of thought yet...I may just go with a weld on then a Rockware pinion guard...haven't decided yet.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Thanks guys, I haven't much of a chance to give the replacement solution a lot of thought yet...I may just go with a weld on then a Rockware pinion guard...haven't decided yet.

You will shear bolt heads off with Rockware. They aren't protected/ recessed like the qt...
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Jake wrote:
Well I figured it's about time for an update since I have done a bit more work to my truck.

got the 3-link in. and it is pretty bad ass - cant wait to test it on the trail

Still have a long list of shit to do.. Stuff I hope to accomplish this week..

*alignment and tighten steering box preload
*figure out solution for routing hosing for snorkel since the towers are in the way
*figure out why rebuilt and "rebalanced" drive shaft is creating vibrations. Played with like 5 different pinion angles and it's still doing the same thing. Removed front shaft and vibrations gone.
*install fender flares - cut fenders, sliders and bumpers to give plenty of room
*install bump stops and flex out suspension so I can get perfect shock mounted heights ect
*establish ideal ride height - bought 2" spacers of JT may swap those in for an extra inch. My ideal ride height is somewhere between a RTE 3" and RTE 5" with the shocks and tires I am running..
*extend rear links out another 1/4" to compensate for height change
*get spare tire mounted on rim and stashed in the back
*install center link that Frank made up for me with the ballistic fab joints Very Happy

There is alot more small stuff on the list but this is the stuff I need to do in order to have it ready for up coming events. I really want to take it out next weekend and test it at trails rd if anybody else is interested in going

Get to work you lazy bitch.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm waiting for most of that shit to show up.... Otherwise it would all be done!
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

You will shear bolt heads off with Rockware. They aren't protected/ recessed like the qt...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but haven't found any alternative with a pinion guard design that I like. This is part of why I've been dragging my feet on picking a replacement.

The Southdown has the recessed bolts like the QT, but as the Southdown got beat up it distorted until it reached the point that the hardware bottomed out in the mounting holes in the diff. Once that happened, the diff guard couldn't be tightened any further and it rattled constantly, which was irritating to the point that I just removed it...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but haven't found any alternative with a pinion guard design that I like. This is part of why I've been dragging my feet on picking a replacement.

The Southdown has the recessed bolts like the QT, but as the Southdown got beat up it distorted until it reached the point that the hardware bottomed out in the mounting holes in the diff. Once that happened, the diff guard couldn't be tightened any further and it rattled constantly, which was irritating to the point that I just removed it...

QT's are stout, I did manage to shear one of the bolts even though they are protected but I beat the HELL out of that diff guard. I have smashed it on quite a few rocks... http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=2112 you can see how much further up the bolts are. I do wish it was weld on and strapped around the pinion as well as bolting to the diff with a little bit more pinion protection - BUT nobody makes such diff guard at this point so I have and suggest a QT.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:26 am

Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:
Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

QT's are stout, I did manage to shear one of the bolts even though they are protected but I beat the HELL out of that diff guard. I have smashed it on quite a few rocks... http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=2112 you can see how much further up the bolts are. I do wish it was weld on and strapped around the pinion as well as bolting to the diff with a little bit more pinion protection - BUT nobody makes such diff guard at this point so I have and suggest a QT.

I have to agree, the QT guard is stout. I beat the hell out of mine at Rausch and I was only running one bolt since I snapped the other one when installing the damn thing. I don't have the pic anymore Jake might have it on his phone of what It looked like after a trip to rausch with small tires, I hit every rock and enjoyed ever min of it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 am

LockenDIFF wrote:
Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:
Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

I have to agree, the QT guard is stout. I beat the hell out of mine at Rausch and I was only running one bolt since I snapped the other one when installing the damn thing. I don't have the pic anymore Jake might have it on his phone of what It looked like after a trip to rausch with small tires, I hit every rock and enjoyed ever min of it.

LOL It was beat to shit, he followed Kase and I thru everything on his little baby 29 all terrains. With a lot of gas pedal and that poor thing was practically on the ground at ride height.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 am

Come on now, they were 28's Smile
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Blew an MT on 95 driving home last night, couldn't find a match and was concerned about having a different fourth tire. Looking at the BFG A/T KO's all around. Would definitely be a quieter ride. And given I'm off road a half dozen times a year probably not a bad move. You guys think they're sufficient enough for the stuff we do? Will they hold up well enough?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Blew an MT on 95 driving home last night, couldn't find a match and was concerned about having a different fourth tire. Looking at the BFG A/T KO's all around. Would definitely be a quieter ride. And given I'm off road a half dozen times a year probably not a bad move. You guys think they're sufficient enough for the stuff we do? Will they hold up well enough?

for the price buy the BFG KM2's, Best on road MT out there. They were louder than the BFG KO A/T's I had but quiet compared to the MTR's I had now and absolute night and day from the SSR's

Have also heard good things about Toyo's open country MT but have no first hand experience. Read an article where they were compared to A/T as far as noise and ride but still an MT tire.

If you buy A/T's I would go with the BFG's but just some other food for thought in your search.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Doc I will be selling my guard dog mts on the rims 265/75/16 if you want to have a spare off road set of 5 tires.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks guys.

Ed - give me first right,of refusal when you're ready. If I can swing it I'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work List 2012   Work List 2012 - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work List 2012
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next