A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

as of now it looks like we have 3 groups, as more register this will change.

stock - 2" lift

2" - 3" lift

3" plus lift
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't see a "4 inch lift, open diffs, no armor and no common sense" group, where am I riding?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Turf wrote:
I don't see a "4 inch lift, open diffs, no armor and no common sense" group, where am I riding?

you, jake and justin are in the double black diamond of death run. we have a jeep on 40's leading you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Are we sure that without lockers and much armor I should be doing that? Who the fuck am I kidding, ok I'm in. Can someone please bring spare half shafts....you know....in case
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Turf wrote:
Are we sure that without lockers and much armor I should be doing that? Who the fuck am I kidding, ok I'm in. Can someone please bring spare half shafts....you know....in case

that's what randy is for, but as of now he has not registered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

As usual. Canadians being of no use to me. Hopefully he comes or jake brings old ones or something. It's a long walk back to philly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Turf wrote:
Are we sure that without lockers and much armor I should be doing that? Who the fuck am I kidding, ok I'm in. Can someone please bring spare half shafts....you know....in case

You will break diffs before you break axles and I sure as hell am not lugging an extra one of those around if I am following a jeep on 40's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm

so im fucked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Turf wrote:
so im fucked

You just better learn how to use that winch.. I doubt you'd break stuff as much as not be able to get thru some stuff.

I should add you cab drive home on a broken diff. Just ask Justin about when he drove on the broken diff at winter romp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Turf wrote:
I don't see a "4 inch penis, open diffs, no armor and no common sense" group, where am I riding?

FIFY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 pm

BUUURRRRNNN. btw, its like 4.5"....around. but only like 2" long. It's like a can of tuna
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 pm

I finally got around to registering. Not sure how early i'll be able to get out there on friday, but im all in for Saturday.

Ed, you get those frame horns bent back at all yet?

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Turf wrote:
I don't see a "4 inch lift, open diffs, no armor and no common sense" group, where am I riding?

you, jake and justin are in the double black diamond of death run. we have a jeep on 40's leading you guys

Ed are you being honest or BSing? If you're serious are you coming with us? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Brian this weekend. borrowing sledge from tony. Will clean it up and grind everything right before I come.down.

Jake yes im serious. You built that beast now you gotta roll with the big boys. And no im not one of them. I will go either with the noobs or the mild lift group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Brian this weekend. borrowing sledge from tony. Will clean it up and grind everything right before I come.down.

Don't go nuts beating it. I was thinking, maybe pick up a cheap oxy-mapp kit from HD, and try heating and bending it back. I would like to see if we can bend it back so we can bolt the thing back on with new hardware, then weld some steel on there to reinforce it.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202185043/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=torch+kit&storeId=10051

Worst comes to worst, I have sledgehammers.

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 pm

I need to figure out the size of those bolts. Can u pop one out? Ill get a set before I come down
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Brian this weekend. borrowing sledge from tony. Will clean it up and grind everything right before I come.down.

Jake yes im serious. You built that beast now you gotta roll with the big boys. And no im not one of them. I will go either with the noobs or the mild lift group.

Oh I am ready - Just nice to be prepared before thrown to the wolves thats all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 12:03 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
I need to figure out the size of those bolts. Can u pop one out? Ill get a set before I come down

Iirc, one of your tack welded nuts broke off the frame horn, so just figure out what size grade 8 bolt will fit in the hole. We'll remove the other one with an air chisel. I want to try just bolting it on with the hitch bolts, and then seeing if we canbend the horns to get two bolts in there for the frame.

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
avatar

Posts : 1102
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Elizabethtown, PA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 am

durt d1ver wrote:

, so just figure out what size grade 8 bolt will fit in the hole. We'll remove the other one with an air chisel. I want to try just bolting it on with the hitch bolts, and then seeing if we canbend the horns to get two bolts in there for the frame.

That makes sense. Set it up to rip a bigger hole in the frame than have the bolts break. Stronger bolts is not always the answer. Control your weak link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
avatar

Posts : 1102
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Elizabethtown, PA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 am

I guess I will go with the medium group. I have to get through the weekend without damage as I have a road trip to the Finger Lakes then to The Wilds planned for that week. BUT, I don't want to have a group hug after going over a log either. Working like hell on the truck to get it ready. I may even have it inspected by then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 45
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 am

DiscoSux wrote:
I guess I will go with the medium group. I have to get through the weekend without damage as I have a road trip to the Finger Lakes then to The Wilds planned for that week. BUT, I don't want to have a group hug after going over a log either. Working like hell on the truck to get it ready. I may even have it inspected by then.

Wow, two weekends in a row wheeling with you?!? I'm really going to be spoiled when I have to go back to trying to drag the FPLRG guys out in their Series trucks... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
avatar

Posts : 1102
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Elizabethtown, PA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 am

dcarr1971 wrote:

Wow, two weekends in a row wheeling with you?!? I'm really going to be spoiled when I have to go back to trying to drag the FPLRG guys out in their Series trucks... Laughing

Just bring a double fat-ass FPLRG t-shirt for me, would ya? I'll pay for it upon delivery brother Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 45
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 am

DiscoSux wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

Wow, two weekends in a row wheeling with you?!? I'm really going to be spoiled when I have to go back to trying to drag the FPLRG guys out in their Series trucks... Laughing

Just bring a double fat-ass FPLRG t-shirt for me, would ya? I'll pay for it upon delivery brother Dave.

You sure you don't actually want one of these?

http://www.cafepress.com/fplrg.44927655
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Ewing, NJ

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 9:52 am

dcarr1971 wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

Wow, two weekends in a row wheeling with you?!? I'm really going to be spoiled when I have to go back to trying to drag the FPLRG guys out in their Series trucks... Laughing

Just bring a double fat-ass FPLRG t-shirt for me, would ya? I'll pay for it upon delivery brother Dave.

You sure you don't actually want one of these?

http://www.cafepress.com/fplrg.44927655

Yeah because that is what we need, Kase chasing Jake around in one of those. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri May 18, 2012 9:54 am

DiscoSux wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

, so just figure out what size grade 8 bolt will fit in the hole. We'll remove the other one with an air chisel. I want to try just bolting it on with the hitch bolts, and then seeing if we canbend the horns to get two bolts in there for the frame.

That makes sense. Set it up to rip a bigger hole in the frame than have the bolts break. Stronger bolts is not always the answer. Control your weak link.

Not every inside joke references you touching little boys. I was alluding to Ed's love of "grade 8 mil-spec" hardware.

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   

Back to top Go down
 
The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 7/17/15 - 7/18/15 - NELRC Annual
» NELRC Annual 2016
» THE ART OF ELYSIUM 5TH ANNUAL HEAVEN GALA - Jan. 14, 2012
» Review: The Doctor who annual 1965
» Gerry co-hosting APJ Event - 6th Annual Hollywood Domino Pre-Oscar Gala & Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outings-
Jump to: