Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need new shocks

Go down 
+4
Vader
Jake
Hilltoppersx
DiscoSux
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

OK, I broke a front shock at RotR and I need new ones. I may just throw a stock one on for now but Randy recommended going to a +2" shock. He has some used OME's but they seemed awful soft. I realize that may be good off-road but I drive to the events without anti-sway bars. I like to have some stiff shocks for that.

Will I need cones? Recommendations on shocks?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm

what springs are you running?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
what springs are you running?

1" spacers and 2" lift OME's
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 pm

i would def get +2 shocks. i liked the terrafirma shocks they are not bad for the price. dont think i would buy the springs again though. i felt the HD springs sagged too much. i had the +2 springs that gave me about 2 1/4" lift with the +2" shocks. never had my springs unseat
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i would def get +2 shocks. i liked the terrafirma shocks they are not bad for the price. dont think i would buy the springs again though. i felt the HD springs sagged too much. i had the +2 springs that gave me about 2 1/4" lift with the +2" shocks. never had my springs unseat

I looked at them but can't figure out what to order for a DI. They have +2 for a DII but it is not as clear for a DI.

Were they relatively stiff? I liked your recommendation to run newish, stiffer shocks when running without sway bars.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Fox shocks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Jake wrote:
Fox shocks!!!!!

Hey Cornfield, I am not putting $800 shocks on my truck.

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

call justin maybe they were not available. also Larry who is yet to show up to an event bought the big bore shocks for his d1 those were some mean looking beasts.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
call justin maybe they were not available. also Larry who is yet to show up to an event bought the big bore shocks for his d1 those were some mean looking beasts.

Call Justin? really? He is too busy to answer questions.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

busy? he doesnt do piss all.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

busy? he doesnt do piss all.

I'll talk to Trevor...then have Randy order it from Justin.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 pm

D2 towers and a 2 sets of $12 dollar shock tabs with 10" Fox emulsion shocks will cost a total of $584 plus shipping, I've tried every +2" shock out their none of them compare to the Fox shock, Best bang for the buck. OME, Bilstien, and Terra Firma are all junk when compared to a Fox or King Shock.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Vader wrote:
D2 towers and a 2 sets of $12 dollar shock tabs with 10" Fox emulsion shocks will cost a total of $584 plus shipping, I've tried every +2" shock out their none of them compare to the Fox shock, Best bang for the buck. OME, Bilstien, and Terra Firma are all junk when compared to a Fox or King Shock.

Who ARE you?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Vader wrote:

Who ARE you?

Vader! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Vader wrote:

obviously you have never seen Dave's truck. it's probably worth a total of $584. dont think it's worth spending that much on shocks.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Vader wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Vader wrote:

Who ARE you?

Vader! Suspect

I gathered as much. Thanks for the input. I may just have to go that direction.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

obviously you have never seen Dave's truck. it's probably worth a total of $584. dont think it's worth spending that much on shocks.

ouch...

besides the couple dents it's a solid truck...

The bolt ons are worth more than the truck but so what? I like to go places.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Vader wrote:

Pro Comp then, Ive used them in a pinch. but they will break eventually.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 am

pro-comp are worse then anything ever made. might as well just put wood blocks on your truck instead of springs and say fuck shocks and ride it dirty.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am

Agreed on the bolt ons being worth more than most Disco's. I traded a $500 dirt bike for my Disco, $3000 in mods, The thing that kills me is all the rust on these rovers out here. I do miss my California Rust Free Land Rovers!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
pro-comp are worse then anything ever made. might as well just put wood blocks on your truck instead of springs and say fuck shocks and ride it dirty.

I know but if they are going on a Rover worth $600 Laughing

All four for $150 not bad, even if they are worth a shit.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

Vader wrote:
Agreed on the bolt ons being worth more than most Disco's. I traded a $500 dirt bike for my Disco, $3000 in mods, The thing that kills me is all the rust on these rovers out here. I do miss my California Rust Free Land Rovers!!!!!!!

My truck has virtually no rust. I just can't seem to stay away from the trees. Ain't a straight panel on her. Great rig though - except for the water-hating dizzy....
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am

Vader wrote:

I know but if they are going on a Rover worth $600 Laughing

A'95 Disco with 98k miles and fresh head gaskets, Rovertym front bumper and sliders, WARN 9k winch, All RoverTracks steering compoments, Rovertym diff guards, Borla exhaust, D2 door seals, newish KM2's, OME springs and Pep Boys seat covers is worth more than $600! ugh!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

$625?
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
$625?

Did you see the Pep Boys seat covers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need new shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need new shocks   Need new shocks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new shocks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next