Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New trans going in this week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

New trans going in this week Empty
PostSubject: New trans going in this week   New trans going in this week I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:02 pm

So I missed ROTR because I had a torque converter code go off after it started shifting kinda weird. I figured I'd find a good cheap trans and just swap it out rather than all the troubleshooting and repair. My trans has acted up in past a little as well, so that was best idea I suppose. I found one from Will Tillery, he had a good reputation and seemed to be popular on pther LR forums.

I got a unit from him with 79k on it out of another 04 for $570 shipped to the dealership, plus I got a used alternator to replace my whining one. The dealership is helping me out on the price of the install, I do not have the time to do it with moving and upcoming holiday.

Hope to be back and running for one of the next outings.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: New trans going in this week   New trans going in this week I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:09 pm

awesome! glad to hear you are getting things together. Where are you moving?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: New trans going in this week   New trans going in this week I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Just got a call from LR, it's 90% done. Now fingers crossed for the test drive that all is well.

We found a sweet spot in a town called Hockessin, more north in DE by PA border. Nice private spot on hill, tons of woods. Best part.....800 sq foot detached garage with loft.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: New trans going in this week   New trans going in this week I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 pm

SPAS12 wrote:

We found a sweet spot in a town called Hockessin, more north in DE by PA border. Nice private spot on hill, tons of woods. Best part.....800 sq foot detached garage with loft.

You luck son of a bitch. Congrats man, I hope you don't mind if we use you as the NELRC storage/maintenance yard  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New trans going in this week   New trans going in this week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New trans going in this week
Page 1 of 1