Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dead d1 throttle sensor problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

dead d1 throttle sensor problem Empty
PostSubject: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 am

OK my d1 is now dead sort of, it will start, sort of run if I keep foot on gas
There are no codes and only thing I see wrong is the tips reading is .78% at idle and like 2.38 at wot which is waaaay f'd up

Tried another tps no change

Tried ecm swap no change

Checked continuity from 3 wires at tps plug back to the ecm they are good,  WTF!!!!

Any ideas???
Back to top Go down
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Did you switch out the idle air control valve?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 pm

I am not getting a proper signal from tps , ecm uses tps and Maf to adjust iacv. ( basicly)
Back to top Go down
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm

I am still new to the disco, so I am gonna guess that it has a step motor style IAC valve without a vacum hose. I am also gonna guess that the IAC provides feedback about idle to the PCM. If the IAC valve is malfunctioning it could be screwing with the throttle position sensor, since the IAC valve is in line before the throttle sensor. Since you swapped the PCM and throttle sensor the IAC valve seems the next logical choice to me. If the resistance goes up you might not get a DTC since it might be functioning juuuust enough.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Tried ecm, Maf, tps, iacv no change, I am only getting .5 volts to the tps plug and verified the ground to tps is good

.5 volts I believe is to low hence the low tps signal, TPS is working correctly reading is just too low

Unlike with say a Chevy rover electrical are retarded sometimes, there could be something totally unrelated causing it
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 am

are you throwing a P0122?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 am

No just the 0451 unless the ug is wrong

New tires, full tank of gas and snow, my rover sits dead at dads. : (

It will start, run bad with my foot on the gas loading up then will shut off

First time this happened last week I turned a corner and it started bucking, looked at the ug and TPS was going nuts, went away

This time same thing turned a corner, bucking, TPS goes nuts now TPS is at .78 and vehicle won't stay running

Previously at idle TPS was 11.8
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Problem fixed, the sensor on the fuel sender is tied to TPS feed voltage and was shorted, unplugged and truck runs fine now
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:53 pm

glad you got it sorted. sorry I was MIA.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 am

No problem, I do have a wandering /high idle now that needs fixing pretty much idles where it wants each startup
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 am

TOM R wrote:
No problem,  I do have a wandering /high idle now that needs fixing pretty much idles where it wants each  startup

I was plagued with an idle issue with my 99 an replaced most all the sensors (tps,maf,etc) to no luck. Swapped a new battery in no more idle issues. I know ive read a few postof other 99s with idle issues being battery related mite be worth a look at.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:09 am

My '96 had some idle issues for a while...new battery seemed to fix them for me too. (Then I smashed it into a D2...still fixing those problems. Sad )
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:00 pm

I did the batt fees months back, and did alt several times I do not get 14 volts guys talk about, turn on a few accessories and it is low 13 's

Cleaned terminals checked grounds added grounds still no go on proper voltage

Changed alt 3 + times, one I have now I payed to have rebuilt

Ug displays 13.5 volts +/- but even the radio is surging on and off like batt is low/not charging
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

jeebus sounds like electrical gremlins my Range Rover has... i think these trucks are hit or miss. sometimes they can be the most reliable thing and others same year and model can just be the biggest pieces of shit. obviously some of it is previous owners not giving a shit but i think from the factory some of them were built on a wednesday and others on a friday after a long night at the pub thursday.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Yup, mine was all original untouched stock, lots of ne salt rust though so while drive train is good/solid electrical blows
Back to top Go down
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Joseph Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.

dead d1 throttle sensor problem Fusere10
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't blow fuses thank god lol
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 am

FIXED!!! Referee to a shop in north jersey in Atlantic highland guy was super nice reset ecm never ran better, it even fixed a weird sort of miss at idle I had for a while well worth the 2 hour drive

Said it showed my stored TPS voltage reference was waaaay off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dead d1 throttle sensor problem   dead d1 throttle sensor problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dead d1 throttle sensor problem
Page 1 of 1