Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help troubleshooting code: P0430

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help troubleshooting code: P0430   Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 am

[quote="Jake"]
Jake wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
I had that same code on mine a while back. It ended up being an O2 sensor. Try taking the rear ones out and swap them side to side. If the code comes up for the other bank you know what your problem is. [/quote

Tried to do this this morning and got off the driver side 02 then of course I cant get the passenger side one to budge so...... F! What luck Mad

Yea I was going to wish you luck on that as well.. PB Blaster and some heat? Obviously dont fry it but with the rust and the head of the pipe it may take quiet a bit..

Oh and if you dont have a torch you can come up to my place and we can give it hell

I may just take you up on the offer. I wonder how much a shop would charge to loosen up a 02 lol
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Help troubleshooting code: P0430   Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:52 pm

the shake sounds like it cound be low idle. or maybe one of the mounts is shot.

i would do a test like brian said. swap the sensor and see if you get the code for the other bank. then you know it is the sensor. you can tap the cat and if it rattles you know it is shot.

the seafoam you use as an induction cleaner. sucked thru the port into the engine. it's useless in the gas. if you want a gas additive use techron
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Help troubleshooting code: P0430   Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:52 pm

heat it up and hit it with PB when it is hot. then the PB can penetrate in there
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Help troubleshooting code: P0430   Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:55 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
the shake sounds like it cound be low idle. or maybe one of the mounts is shot.

i would do a test like brian said. swap the sensor and see if you get the code for the other bank. then you know it is the sensor. you can tap the cat and if it rattles you know it is shot.

the seafoam you use as an induction cleaner. sucked thru the port into the engine. it's useless in the gas. if you want a gas additive use techron

Idles fines and the shake is really not to bad, cat doesn't rattle when I hit it. Anyway thanks for all the comments and help, I'll get it figured out soon enough then on to the fun part of ordering fun parts Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help troubleshooting code: P0430   Help troubleshooting code: P0430 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help troubleshooting code: P0430
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2