Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coolant leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

So I narrowed down my coolant leak to throttle body heater and a "tube" running fro the top of the radiator . I want to know what the "tubes" real name and function is. Here are pics, there is always drops of coolant dripping from the tube (I noticed them in the morning) to a big pipe running from the radiator. I ordered a new T.B. gasket and plan on doing that sometime in Jan.

The Tube.
Coolant leak  2011-116

Coolant leak  2011-120
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

I can see it coming out of rad but cant see where it goes... I am going to guess its the hose that goes to expansion tank based on the pic. d1's are different though so what do I know. I always go to rovers norths web site

check this out

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-396-cooling-heating.aspx
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 am

That would be it but it isn't offered for sale. I'll throw a new clamp on it and see what that does. This is the first thing I am trying to fix on my own since I can't afford to send it to Trevor.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 am

jveen wrote:
That would be it but it isn't offered for sale. I'll throw a new clamp on it and see what that does. This is the first thing I am trying to fix on my own since I can't afford to send it to Trevor.

Yea get a better clamp on it and also when you pull it check it see if it's split, you might be able to cut just a little off if it's splitting on the end. good luck!
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

I found it and emailed them hopefully they will add it to my order without a problem. Yea I am getting a normal hose clamp $4 for a genuine LR clamp crazy.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 am

jveen wrote:
I found it and emailed them hopefully they will add it to my order without a problem. Yea I am getting a normal hose clamp $4 for a genuine LR clamp crazy.

I'd also see if Randy has a replacement hose, it will be a lot cheaper and a lot of the hoses he has sent me are practically new if they werent actually new Very Happy plus you'll get it next day from when he ships it (at least I do)
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 am

I didn't even think of that. Oh well next.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 pm

IMO, Getting used hoses is playing with fire unless you know the truck they're coming off of and can find date stamps on them.

It looks like AB has the line you need for $17...
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/PCH000360G.cfm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coolant leak  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak    Coolant leak  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant leak
Page 1 of 1