Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So I go to flush my coolant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

So I go to flush my coolant Empty
PostSubject: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:41 pm

So I was planning on flushing my coolant today when I noticed that my radiator is weeping between the plastic and aluminium on the drivers side of the radiator. Now here is my question, first can I find a radiator cheaper than $275 http://www.roverlandparts.com/1999-2004discoveryiiradiatorwithsecondaryair.aspx or 319 http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/PCC000710.cfm? Second I was reading up on this K-Seal and I don't really know how much I trust putting that stuff in the Disco because for all I know it can clog the radiator or heater core. Any thoughts guys?
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:

first can I find a radiator cheaper than $275

Second I was reading up on this K-Seal and I don't really know how much I trust putting that stuff in the Disco because for all I know it can clog the radiator or heater core. Any thoughts guys?

A leak sealer is never the best answer but can work. It shouldn't plug stuff up if you run it good with the heater on when you add the stuff. $275 is cheap enough, try fap99.com That is who I use for most all my foreign car parts including the Landy. Just checked - $265. Tell Tim I sent ya!

Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:20 pm

DiscoSux wrote:

A leak sealer is never the best answer but can work. It shouldn't plug stuff up if you run it good with the heater on when you add the stuff. $275 is cheap enough, try fap99.com That is who I use for most all my foreign car parts including the Landy. Just checked - $265. Tell Tim I sent ya!

Thanks I'll look into that, trying to get my rig trail ready for the Pines.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:

Thanks I'll look into that, trying to get my rig trail ready for the Pines.

oh gawd...he said the "P" word...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Please do not put k seal in your truck. I've heard and seen way more bad than good. Although maybe a decent band-aid, a scrape takes a lot more to heal when it's infected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Jake wrote:
Please do not put k seal in your truck. I've heard and seen way more bad than good. Although maybe a decent band-aid, a scrape takes a lot more to heal when it's infected Very Happy

There ya go. BARS leak has "sealed" bad head gaskets...at least for awhile. Give the Canadian homo a call, he is picking up D2's like whore gets crabs He may have a newish radiator for you.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:01 am

Canadian homo lol! I think you're up past your bed time sipping the happy asshole juice
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 am

Jake wrote:
Canadian homo lol! I think you're up past your bed time sipping the happy asshole juice

nicely played, Amish boy, nicely played...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I go to flush my coolant   So I go to flush my coolant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I go to flush my coolant
Page 1 of 1