Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3 Amigo's are pissing me off.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  Empty
PostSubject: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

So the little fuckers are starting to show up on a regular basis (still soft codes though). I don't know if it is the shutter valve or wheel hubs as they came on when I was travelling on the highway (no breaking)and there isn't any play in my wheels that I can tell. I didn't hit a bump so it might be a loose connection however I think I need to scan it. Now my question is in regards to the clubs amigo scanner, is there a waiting list, where do I pay the security deposit and do I have to wait a while longer before I am eligible to use it?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:20 pm

go to the club site. under links. click the got amigos? link. its ready and available.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
go to the club site. under links. click the got amigos? link. its ready and available.

awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:27 am

got your payment. Amigo will be sent today vis USPS flat rate. I suggest you send it back the same way, can't beat $5.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
got your payment. Amigo will be sent today vis USPS flat rate. I suggest you send it back the same way, can't beat $5.

Nope you really can't beat that. Thanks Ed, I want to make sure that they are banished for good before the Pines trip.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Nope you really can't beat that. Thanks Ed, I want to make sure that they are banished fo
r good before the Pines trip.

Any questions with the codes let me know. Be prepared to buy a used hub off randy or paul grant or do the shuttle valves with the falconworks kit.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Nope you really can't beat that. Thanks Ed, I want to make sure that they are banished fo

Any questions with the codes let me know. Be prepared to buy a used hub off randy or paul grant or do the shuttle valves with the falconworks kit.

Thanks, and will do. They came on today while I was driving (no braking and going in a straight line) so could that possibly be a wheel hub?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Thanks, and will do. They came on today while I was driving (no braking and going in a straight line) so could that possibly be a wheel hub?

Possibly.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 pm

How much do used wheel hubs go for $100, $200, $300?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
$100 max for used more like $80. New they are $400
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:
$100 max for used more like $80. New they are $400

That sounds more like it, I was looking on line and imagining that roof rack and snorkel kit moving farther away.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 pm

If you need help doing the hub let me know.I've done several.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:00 pm

devildog01 wrote:
If you need help doing the hub let me know.I've done several.

Thanks man, appreciate it. My Dad did just rebuild the two D1 diffs he has installed in his Series II (the wheels stick out an extra inch and it looks fucking bad ass), I take it there isn't much difference between the two?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Worst part is separating the axle shaft from the hub. At least for a rear, ive never done a front. Other than that its pretty straightforward. One of mine came right off, the other took a couple shots with a 3lb sledge to the backside. Just dont try and use a slide hammer on the wheel studs, i messed up the threads on the studs trying that.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Okay so I ran the scan and I have the following:

I am assuming that my error is the Shuttle Valve as the video says it stores previous errors.

1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
114:Shuttle Valve Electric Failure
<-END Faults
------------------------------------------------------------
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faults
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
021:Engine PWM signal bad
Front Left Sensor Bad Output
<-END Faults
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Yup. Time to read up on Joshs fix on the USVI Land Rover club site.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 pm

It seems the US Virgin Islands club's link sends you to the Texas Rover club, do you have the link?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html

Thank you sir, I will read through this tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Ive done obtion b which is the most popular fix a few times. Its not a bad job. Hardest part is getting the allen key underneath to break the modulator loose.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Just cut the abs lines,pull your instument cluster apart and put electrical over the 3 amigo lights.Worked for me.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Ive done obtion b which is the most popular fix a few times. Its not a bad job. Hardest part is getting the allen key underneath to break the modulator loose.

x2 on those friggin allen bolts. I followed this fix to the letter, really easy to do (i chose the option that did not require removing the brake lines) except for working the allen wrench in less than a 1 inch space. Once you have the piece out cutting the wires and soldering on the wiring harness takes minutes then your back to the allen wrench torture. All in, took me about 90 minutes. Been amigo free every since (almost 2 years now).

Ed probably remembers my first trip out, I had to use my Amigo to reset the system like 5 times to get my TC working to make it up one hill. God that was a pain.

If that fails I have a shuttle valve unit in a box you can have. I bought it as a back up in case i screwed up the fix. Just never returned it.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Just cut the abs lines,pull your instument cluster apart and put electrical over the 3 amigo lights.Worked for me.

Or I could just take a can of black spray paint and block out the whole cluster.

DocFodge wrote:
x2 on those friggin allen bolts. I followed this fix to the letter, really easy to do (i chose the option that did not require removing the brake lines) except for working the allen wrench in less than a 1 inch space. Once you have the piece out cutting the wires and soldering on the wiring harness takes minutes then your back to the allen wrench torture. All in, took me about 90 minutes. Been amigo free every since (almost 2 years now).

Ed probably remembers my first trip out, I had to use my Amigo to reset the system like 5 times to get my TC working to make it up one hill. God that was a pain.

If that fails I have a shuttle valve unit in a box you can have. I bought it as a back up in case i screwed up the fix. Just never returned it.

Thanks, appreciate the offer. If I fuck something up I'll let you know and if the space is 1 inch I might cut an allen wrench down to make life easier, what size is the hole (insert mom joke here)?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
devildog01 wrote:

Or I could just take a can of black spray paint and block out the whole cluster.

DocFodge wrote:

Thanks, appreciate the offer. If I fuck something up I'll let you know and if the space is 1 inch I might cut an allen wrench down to make life easier, what size is the hole (insert mom joke here)?

I'll let Brett answer that one, but as for the size wrench I can't recall (might be in the UVI write up). You might have a little more room than that, but with the brake lines attached and the ABS unit unbolted there just isn't a whole lot of room. It's all about patience...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Amigo's are pissing me off.    3 Amigo's are pissing me off.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Amigo's are pissing me off.
Page 1 of 1