Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mettowee Off Road Park

Go down 
+3
durt d1ver
Jake
Hilltoppersx
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

if we get at least 3 trucks to go check out the place then we can make a decision about having a big outing there next spring. I also left a message for Atlantic British because some of them must have went as it's not far from them.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 pm

So are we on for August 19th-21st to go check it out?
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 am

So today Lexi and I were talking and she said "you better tow your truck up there!"

My parents have an F150 that they use for road trips and towing and other things. I could probably borrow it to tow some trucks up there. Gas would probably be same price or maybe a little less but just would need a trailer. So if we do this I'll probably rent a uhaul trailer but if someone wants maybe we could get a two car trailer.

It's a far trip and after this past weeks pines trip it might be needed.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 am

nothing broke on your truck did it Billy? so are we good to go, at least the three of us for August? im gonna post it up on the forums, facbook and talk to Ethan up at Mettowee
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 am

My front driveshaft went but that was after I made it home and was probably mostly from the lift and tires. Randy is hooking me up with a used Tom Woods so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. It's just a long ways away to be stuck out there. We'll see.

I'm in though.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

well i got triple AAA. that's how Jake got home from the Pines. It's good for 100 miles. that is enough to get you back to civilization. Either Albany (where we can get parts) or to Atlantic British (if we don't know what the heck is wrong with it)
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:21 pm

So we thinking late august 3 day weekend?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:27 pm

yeah that works for me. if Billy is cool ill post it up everywhere see if we can get more people to come out and ill talk to the guys at the park.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:33 pm

AAA Premier membership features new and expanded membership benefits including up to 200 miles free towing, home lockout service, additional trip interruption coverage and more!. To join or upgrade to AAA Premier call 1-888-728-8205. (Online application is not available. For complete details click here.)

$120 for the year
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 pm

i have used the lockout service on my ford at work one day. fantastic. i have AAA + not the premier.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i have used the lockout service on my ford at work one day. fantastic. i have AAA + not the premier.

Yea just wanted to show everybody it's 200 miles on the premier triple a.

That will almost get me home from upstate ny lol
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:37 pm

you can't beat it. you use it once a year and it's paid for itself.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you can't beat it. you use it once a year and it's paid for itself.

True saved my ass once already. Going to get this middle next month before next trip.
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
yeah that works for me. if Billy is cool ill post it up everywhere see if we can get more people to come out and ill talk to the guys at the park.

Yeah man I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 am

KingKong8247 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Yeah man I'm in.

Sweet so 19th-21st and nobody can break anything at the Rausch trip. It's a trip where I am going to be at so I am driving up Friday.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 am

I would love to go but Google is showing 7 hr ride for me. Im probably gonna be takeing the job offer I got a few weeks ago so I wouldnt be working weekends anymore but im takimg a paycut for a while I'll have to see if I will have the funds to do it by then.
Back to top Go down
StanBo
Jiffy Lube Tech
StanBo

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 am

I put this down as a Maybe. I have to see how the funds/work and school are going towards the end of the season.

I have AAA + and used it to get home from RC when I fragged my alternator. They got a quad cab flatbed to the resturant we were at in 25mins and the driver was an awesome dude. Well worth the cash up front.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 am

Brian, had you in mind when looking at this park. I already found the closest best reviewed motel. website here http://www.panoramamotelny.com/

as for distance. it shows it at just over 4 hours for me. I think they come up with that number if you do 55 on the thruway. I can get to Albany in 2.5 hours in my car so I think it shoiuld take me 3:15 to get to Whitehall in my truck.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Brian, had you in mind when looking at this park. I already found the closest best reviewed motel. website here http://www.panoramamotelny.com/

as for distance. it shows it at just over 4 hours for me. I think they come up with that number if you do 55 on the thruway. I can get to Albany in 2.5 hours in my car so I think it shoiuld take me 3:15 to get to Whitehall in my truck.

You're lucky it's going to take me the good majority of Friday to get there.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

i bet you it's 5 hours from Lancaster. Good thing is there will be no traffic.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i bet you it's 5 hours from Lancaster. Good thing is there will be no traffic.

7 hrs 10 mind from my door
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm

7.10 hrs? are you driving backwards? you can make it from Baltimore in 6 and a half.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Lol I'm further west

This says 6 hrs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mettowee Off Road Park   Mettowee Off Road Park - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mettowee Off Road Park
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2