Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what did you do to your disco today?

Go down 
+9
Dano G.
jakeb44
qbenplaya00
devildog01
scottsdalerrc
AMF Racing
CRUm
Long Haul
jveen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Did the rod mod on the lr3 got myself a nice cheap lift. Wasn't from John tho some other company out of tx off eBay.
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 3E3EDE3B-85DB-453B-B344-376420D3D0D1_zpsjgdpjzxv

Did all 4 brakes with new pads rotors hardware and sensor cables. Wow I am super surprised how easy they are to change out.
Also cleaned up chrome  Mad rims
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 A8E41D06-57CC-46BB-85A5-BE49A5F3FAA1_zpssrhibcea

Installed my receiver took out my spare in prep for rear tire carrier from voyer racks out of fl. Now I have a recovery point
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 710F1515-D87B-4767-A1E9-7CEDE6AD8400_zpsvxg6gidm
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 6421E756-4A3B-4706-9D85-EF23FB0B40CD_zpspmevushe
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Hf rivetnut tool works great, fixed my cargo ladder mounting

Got my dog/cargo barrier built

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 IMG_20140818_160754_zps8qijyd4x

Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Did all 4 brakes with new pads rotors hardware and sensor cables. Wow I am super surprised how easy they are to change out.
Also cleaned up chrome  Mad rims
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 A8E41D06-57CC-46BB-85A5-BE49A5F3FAA1_zpssrhibcea

Did you use Land Rover genuine rotors? Our LR3 only lasted a year before the brakes were toast. Replaced them with genuine rotors and it was fine.
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:20 pm

qbenplaya00 wrote:

Installed my receiver took out my spare in prep for rear tire carrier from voyer racks out of fl. Now I have a recovery point

Isn't there a recovery point behind that plastic piece?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 pm

But I think you have to buy a special thing that fits into it
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm

TOM R wrote:

That's for the trailer hitch. We have one for towing. There's a round piece above that and you can put a shackle on it.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

TOM R wrote:

This useless thing that land rover passed off as a receiver  No what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 25256d1273016527-looking-reasonnably-priced-lr3-tow-hitch-receiver-lr3-4-nas-trailer-hitches-original-newer

Never knew anything was back there of the sort since I know your supposed to take off that cover for this pos thing I never bothered to look behind it. I plan on hauling some stuff around anyway so figure go with this one. I still have to tack it down but for the most part pulled wife's jeep just fine as a test.

Last edited by qbenplaya00 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 pm

jakeb44 wrote:

Did you use Land Rover genuine rotors? Our LR3 only lasted a year before the brakes were toast. Replaced them with genuine rotors and it was fine.

No I bought a set off eBay cheap china stuff. I figured it wouldn't last too long. I got the rotors more for the water displacement or rain/snow and rover crossings.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 am

qbenplaya00 wrote:

No I bought a set off eBay cheap china stuff. I figured it wouldn't last too long. I got the rotors more for the water displacement or rain/snow and rover crossings.  Rolling Eyes 

Who knows, maybe we just got a bad set. The LR3 tows our Yota like there's nothing on there. It's very sensitive to the truck being 2 inches to far back or forward though.

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Image11
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:46 pm

New springs are in. Shocks are next.

Before:
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Photo_23

After:
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Dsc_0015

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Dsc_0016

Gained about 2.5" of lift all around. RTE makes some beefy stuff, they never disappoint.

Last edited by jakeb44 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

jakeb44 wrote:
Gained about 2.5" of lift all around. RTE makes some beefy stuff, they never disappoint.

Getting ready for the VT trip? I have randy from rover bones installing some RTE suspension goodies as well on my d1.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:37 pm

i picked up a SS exhaust y pipe back from Paul Grant last Friday. Just got adhesive to attach some D2 flares. one of my brakes is grinding... looks like I have some work ahead of me.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 pm

jakeb44 wrote:
New springs are in. Next is shocks.

Before:
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Photo_23

After:
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Dsc_0015

Fuck. Why did I sell that thing......
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

qbenplaya00 wrote:

Getting ready for the VT trip? I have randy from rover bones installing some RTE suspension goodies as well on my d1.

I wish. As badly as I want to go up there, I have school. Maybe next summer I'll make a trip up.

devildog01 wrote:

Fuck. Why did I sell that thing......

So everyone can see how a LR3 does off road!
Back to top Go down
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Yesterday I put in a new starter motor. It's not as fun as awesome springs/shocks, but it's something.
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 pm

I have a few parts coming that should be installed next weekend.
There's no rubbing with new springs either. I'd like to get to Rausch a few times before ROTR.
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 Photo_24
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 A182BAE3-12E8-432C-B098-525CD8394FB8_zpsatqilghu

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 0AC505DD-01AD-42E7-A112-36E6A302BD71_zpsefl5jhzc

In prep for VT trip and life had other plans
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:24 pm

I think you need a few more hellas
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:50 pm

TOM R wrote:
I think you need a few more hellas

Got 4 more. Lol and some PIAA I can make it happen.
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:10 pm

How's the rear swing away tire carrier work?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:22 pm

just dropped my disco off to have the used but new to me SS exhaust system welded on. it was cut in 3 pieces to get it off the old truck so now it has to be welded back together. i have some nasty grinding going on at the rear driver side brake and the bearing knock in the engine is scary. I think those are my next two projects.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Worked on the brush bumper yesterday, hope to finish it today, not really digging it but could not get the tubing bent properly so we had to redesign

I will post a pic when finished, the harbor freight tubing notcher works great
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Did both front wheel bearings, lower swivel bearing on pass side, reset swivel preload on drivers side, new seal on the top of the fuel tank, and cleaned the mud out of the wheels from this weekend.
For some reason the fuel gauge does not go above 3/4. New pump and sender a couple weeks ago. Maybe need to replace it again.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 am

ryan had put a new fuel pump in my truck when he was doing work on it and now the fuel gauge isnt accurate either. i checked the pressure and it's good so i dont know...
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 am

I would say either the float arm is bent, sender is bad, or ground issue, I would clean the batt ground points on frame and body, doing this fixed my temp gauge that would pin instant every time I turned on a/c button

I also added a ground from batt to rad support and batt to engine, these fixed my low voltage issue

These vehicles are very poorly grounded

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what did you do to your disco today?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next