Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what did you do to your disco today?

Go down 
+9
Dano G.
jakeb44
qbenplaya00
devildog01
scottsdalerrc
AMF Racing
CRUm
Long Haul
jveen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:42 pm

TOM R wrote:
Been working on the 05 lr3

Swapping stuff off the 06 use

Added 3 rd row seats with airbags and seat belts
Added factory push bar
Added factory projection hid housings
Added factory running boards
Swapped rims

I am sure there's more, passed n.j. inspection today

Fixed leaking sunroof, both drains were clogged
Wife's been driving it and loves it

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 IMG_20141003_173239_zpskywqy8yl

Hey Tom, give me a call when you get a chance 484-357-0849
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 6:21 pm

replaced pass side headlight and washed and fitted new camo seat covers that were secondhand but in great condition delivered via RURR
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:06 pm

After a few hold ups, I got the new shocks installed.

The stock shock uses a 12mm bolt with a captive nut, whereas the eyelet of the Fox shock is a 1/2".
I bought 8 step down spacers (2 per eyelet), 15mm (1/2") to 12mm, from eshocks.com part # E4-BD4-Z002-5A02.
The top shock mount needs a little bit of trimming for the shock body to fit. With some spacers and washers, everything fits "perfectly" and is rattle free.
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 Dsc_0113
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 Dsc_0114
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 Dsc_0116
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 pm

put on Terrafirma rotors, and some re-manned calipers and brake pads at the rear. tomorrow if it dries out I need to pull the front drive shaft and flange and replace two of the bolts on the flange. getting the truck ready for ROTR. need to wire up the CB, see if i can fit a second-hand radio i got for free and eventually tackle the manifold gasket and missing bolt (that one i probably will let my mechanic handle)
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Put a new clutch master cylinder in- it's more difficult when
the truck isn't designed for it..
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Jiffy Lube Tech
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:49 am

I cleaned out the air filter, removed and cleaned the mass air flow sensor and opened up the throttle body and cleaned out all the muck and gook on the inside face the assembly. I noted an immediate difference as I was having some jerky starts off the line. This was super easy (RSW solutions has YouTube videos on both). This was maybe $10 in fluids (nice 2-pack of carb cleaner and mass flow sensor cleaner at Walmart) and less than 1 hour of time. Needed a Torx bit for the mass flow sensor and 6mm and 8mm sockets for the throttle body.

Next up: removing squeeky sound from brakes. Thanks to dealer, I must have someone remove my wheels as they were so torqued that I broke my lug wrench.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Mortimer wrote:
I cleaned out the air filter, removed and cleaned the mass air flow sensor and opened up the throttle body and cleaned out all the muck and gook on the inside face the assembly.  I noted an immediate difference as I was having some jerky starts off the line. This was super easy (RSW solutions has YouTube videos on both).  This was maybe $10 in fluids (nice 2-pack of carb cleaner and mass flow sensor cleaner at Walmart) and less than 1 hour of time.  Needed a Torx bit for the mass flow sensor and 6mm and 8mm sockets for the throttle body.

Next up: removing squeeky sound from brakes.  Thanks to dealer, I must have someone remove my wheels as they were so torqued that I broke my lug wrench.

you need a harbor freight 2 foot breaker bar.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 4:11 pm

fitted a new hawse aluminum fairlead and did an oil change. still monitoring my battery to see if it needs replacement. didn't have enough juice to start the truck the day after ROTR, I charged it that night and it hasn't really dropped voltage since. next up i need to take apart and clean and grease my winch and get my rear bumper sandblasted.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Got my electric cooling fans installed and wired, worked great for 45 minutes at idle till I cooked the temp switch

Note to self do not use a 170/185* temp switch with a 185* stat

Stat closes never letting the switch cool and turn off
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Jiffy Lube Tech
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:08 am

Hilltop... That's precisely what I did. That was not good enough so I added a trip to Lowes to get a 24" pipe. After stripping the first bolt I figured I needed someone with impact gun. $15 later from Phili chop shop type place, I was able to remove them. I had lofty attempt to remove and clean the rear air valve today. No luck, it was too difficult for me to remove, I must be missing something but I could not disconnect the electrical connection and gain access to all 3 inlet/outlets. I had refurbished the front one so I was disappointed I could not get further.

Suggestions welcome on the rear air valve. I was however able to install some L-track on my cabinets and replace filters.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:18 am

I fitted LED bulbs. They are bright as fuck. but only come in one setting, no more hi-lo, just on-off.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am

What led bulbs?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Wow so how are they compared to hid?

Pic of the brightness?

I have hid in my truck and the lr3 best part is seeing in the rain at nite, how are these in nite rain?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 pm

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 2014-110

old halogen on the left, LED on the right.

I can't compare them visually to the HID's however they put out 25% more lumens than the LED's if you look at that comparison.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Pic fixed Very Happy

So how bright on the road?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:56 pm

i thought they were pretty good. they are significantly better then what i had. it's pretty much a trail truck but the other day i had to test them out so i drove it to work, i felt bad because the lift on my truck and those lights, every time someone cut me off it would just go right through their back windshield and light up the whole interior of their car.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:22 am

Got part of the off road light harness made and run through the firewall , up A pillar and hooked to the switch pod above the mirror

Now I just need to figure out where to mount the remote fuse panel and relays
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Jiffy Lube Tech
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Rear brake pads changed. Yeah, no squeal.

However, I diagnosed a faulty rear air valve (overnight drop w/ door open). The front air valve was reply easy to remove bit I cannot seem to get at the rear one - any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 pm

got my new to me rear bumper fitted. its on there, but kinda sitting kinda wonky. partially because i can't tighten the bolts down. the bolts are so massive i can't get a socket or a crescent wrench in there to tighten them down. if anyone knows what the mounts on the rear of the d1 look like you know why... strange homemade shit.....

since the new bumper doesn't have holes for turn signals, i need to rewire the turn signals into the brake light pillars. Might just run them into the reverse bulbs and use amber bulbs there and put LED work lamp hooked up to the reverse lights.... i hate doing electric work.

also did an oil change.
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Ed,
This should help with the turn signal issue.
http://www.discoweb.org/blinkers/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 5:51 pm

thanks. i'll look into that.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Built a new front diff guard / skid plate. All 1/4" plate steel bended to fit. Comparison photo to TF diff guard. Flame suit on, but this is not Pirate.
Dan

what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 001_zpstr7yjcz4
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 003_zpspl30mf6q
what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 006_zpsrrihw76x
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 am

Take a flap disc to those welds and slap on some paint and I bet u can't tell its home made, nice work man, you will need them to follow ed in rausch lol

Yeah they hate everyone/thing there lol

Got my remote fuse panel installed and wired my off road lights

Picked up a bolt on diff cover from Vader last month too, I do need a skid plate for the front diff
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 am

I'm with Tom, I can't weld so i won't talk shit, and we don't normally talk shit anyway, just a little banter when shit goes pear shaped on the trail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your disco today?   what did you do to your disco  today? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what did you do to your disco today?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next