Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

swaparoo, coolant and suggestions

Go down 
+5
Long Haul
apatrizzi
dcarr1971
durt d1ver
Jake
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Wow thats awesome! Maybe you will be ready for rovers on the rocks in november

If I had an engine hoist and more $$ for gas I could make the pines trip next weekend Very Happy

Tonight then?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

If I had an engine hoist and more $$ for gas I could make the pines trip next weekend Very Happy

Tonight then?

I will be here! Im going to replace front and rear crank seals and valve covers gaskets but other than that it's ready. Ill have free time to work on it tomorrow afternoon If you bring it tonight.

OH and can you plleeeassee bring me a socket for the valve cover bolts? 1/4 drive 12pt 8mm if you have it.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

BAWAHAHAHA!!!!! Now that's funny! Btw the motor looks nice. At least he cleaned it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:00 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

BAWAHAHAHA!!!!! Now that's funny! Btw the motor looks nice. At least he cleaned it.

Yea the engine looks a million times cleaner than mine. I found a bunch of walnuts underneath my plenum by the injectors lol. I did notice it looks like there was white paint in the t-stat housing? Whats amazing to me is that he just clipped the harness and hoses and left it as is. It even had plug wires and a coil on it? Not sure how he got it out of the truck - must not have had a tranny.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Not to worry you will have a tranny helping you install it. (feel free to keep pitching me softballs)
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Not to worry you will have a tranny helping you install it. (feel free to keep pitching me softballs)

fucking wow...
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Quote :
OH and can you plleeeassee bring me a socket for the valve cover bolts? 1/4 drive 12pt 8mm if you have it.

I used a wrench it was a pain in the ass. I couldn't find a socket anywhere.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

DiscoSux wrote:
fucking wow...

Its your avitar.I just can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 am

jveen wrote:
Quote :

I used a wrench it was a pain in the ass. I couldn't find a socket anywhere.

Lol I did one side like this. It really fuckin sucks!!! Got my front and rear crankshaft seals replaced so far..
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Dropped the pan last night, cleaned it up today along with oil pickup and resealed it back up with some right stuff gasket maker. Made sure to tighten the crankshaft bolt down real good. Got all the stupid hell housing bolts that are damn near impossible to get. and I think I am ready to start hooking stuff back up. I'm waiting for a new set of Jaguard v12 motor mounts to show up before it's set in properly though. Hopefully they get here soon ordered from Rockauto part # JLM1010.

Here is where we stand Very Happy

swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 Neweng10
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 am

Got sick of waiting for new mounts to come in so will swap those later. Made quite a bit of progress today.

swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 Img_1110

Just need to.... (my list for my own reference before I forget)
finish putting Y pipe on
attach air box
fill with oil and coolant
tighten down fan clutch and engine mounts
tighten down ground for starter and put heat shield back on
put fuel pump fuse back in
plugs and wires and then start her up and drive away!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 pm

so got everything hooked up and now she cranks but doesnt start.. I have fuel pressure one leaky injector proved that not sure how much.. Going back out to check for spark and make sure everything is plugged in.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

you are so close to making it tomorrow. HAHAHHAHA.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you are so close to making it tomorrow. HAHAHHAHA.

I know.... now it's back to the drawing board!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Well, a new engine, alternator, power steering pump, fan and clutch, and random seals/gaskets and....

SHE IS RUNNING AGAIN! Hoping my new engine mounts come tomorrow so I can get those in and put the heat shields back on and take her for a good drive.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swaparoo, coolant and suggestions   swaparoo, coolant and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swaparoo, coolant and suggestions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2