Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what to do with my range?

Go down 
+8
Thebloody323
qbenplaya00
SPAS12
durt d1ver
donbunnell
Jake
Vader
Hilltoppersx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

what to do with my range? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
5" springs purchased

Way to go Jake Jr.!!!!! When are you doing the Toyota axle swap?

I only have a 3" lift get with the program
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 pm

so lets talk bottorf....

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-117

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-118

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-119

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-120

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-121

what to do with my range? - Page 5 2012-122

so.. it looks like i'll have to trim the fender on each side right under the corner lights. im expecting to have to trim more when i put 35's on it so that's not a problem. my main concern is i still have another inch to go backward and the winch tray is under the radiator. the problem is i dont think i can fit a winch on the tray becuase it will hit the hard cooling lines that fit underneath the rad... i asked bill if he ever had it mounted to a classic with a winch on it waiting to hear back. i think it will fit a d1 or d2 better.... thoughts? ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Did the bolt holes line up to the frame?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Turf moved those lines some how.. Never saw the finished product though.

Sounds like a lot of work to run a bottorf..
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Did the bolt holes line up to the frame?

they look like they will im about 1 inch away because it's hitting the fenders. similar to how the ARB did bit not nearly as severe
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Well you can either cut the fenders are cut the bumper
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Ed, what year is this RRC? One of my friends has started importing 200 TDi-s...you could make this truck genuinely waterproof (at least up the to the top of the snorkel).

So far a couple of the FPLRG guys have these engines in their Series trucks. There's at least one more sitting in his shop outside Pittsburgh, but that one doesn't have a turbo on it. (He kept the cost down by sourcing it without the turbo...it's effectively a Disco 200 Di...mostly because he expected it to go into a Series truck which would require a tougher driveline to handle the extra HP and torque of the turbo...)
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Well you can either cut the fenders are cut the bumper

thats the questions... will answer it tomorrow morning after a night of drinking.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Ed, what year is this RRC? One of my friends has started importing 200 TDi-s...you could make this truck genuinely waterproof (at least up the to the top of the snorkel).

So far a couple of the FPLRG guys have these engines in their Series trucks. There's at least one more sitting in his shop outside Pittsburgh, but that one doesn't have a turbo on it. (He kept the cost down by sourcing it without the turbo...it's effectively a Disco 200 Di...mostly because he expected it to go into a Series truck which would require a tougher driveline to handle the extra HP and torque of the turbo...)

it's a 93. not sure i want a 200 without the tdi. i already have a 3.9. how slow can i go.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

it's a 93. not sure i want a 200 without the tdi. i already have a 3.9. how slow can i go.

Totally agree. I guess what I was getting at is that he could get one with the turbo, or get the turbo for the engine he has. Since it came off a Disco, it was set up to have one and should be pretty easy to put it back...
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I say perfect opportunity for a larger turbo. There are plenty of gt28's for sale on Nissan forums.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm

IF you touch the engine I vote crower 230 cam pertronix distributor and coil and the Ashcroft gears you've picked out.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 pm

you guys think i bought a honda and now im made of money.. fuckin hell im posting pics of a bumper i bought that doesnt fit for $100 and you want me to rip the engine out... bunch of nutters.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you guys think i bought a honda and now im made of money.. fuckin hell im posting pics of a bumper i bought that doesnt fit for $100 and you want me to rip the engine out... bunch of nutters.

No kidding! My only engine upgrade is headers.. Build those thirds with 4.37 and you'll move a long fine. A million times better than 32s and 3.54 gears
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm

TDI,TDI,TDI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Ed what you going to do with the springs that are currently on the RRC? They omes? I may be interested in them..
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Jake wrote:
Ed what you going to do with the springs that are currently on the RRC? They omes? I may be interested in them..

yup. OME springs and nearly new TF+2" shocks will be for sale. going to be late winter early spring. i want to order everything for the rangie and have it before i do a shop day.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:

yup. OME springs and nearly new TF+2" shocks will be for sale. going to be late winter early spring. i want to order everything for the rangie and have it before i do a shop day.

Sounds good I'd be in for the springs I already got a set of shocks. Are the 2" MD, HD?
When you ordering the rest of the goods?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Ed, Any updates on your build? or are you going to be taking it nice and slow?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Im stalled right now finishing up my first semester of grad school right now, hoping next weekend I can put in work.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 am

tires tires tires....

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/atmt.html
thoughts?

thinkin 315/75
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
tires tires tires....

thoughts?

thinkin 315/75

I looked at those a while ago.. pretty decent tread depth.. What happened to wanting the guard dogs in that size? They stop making them?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:18 am

they show the 33's and 35's on the website but are not in stock and says to call. I left them a message on Facebook and am going to call tomorrow but I'm guessing either they don't have the casings or they are working on turning all their designs into the new bead to bead style.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Quote :
tires tires tires....

thoughts?

thinkin 315/75

I think i saw these tires on ebay a while back with free shipping
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to do with my range?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next