Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what to do with my range?

Go down 
+8
Thebloody323
qbenplaya00
SPAS12
durt d1ver
donbunnell
Jake
Vader
Hilltoppersx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

what to do with my range? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 pm

that's Army Rover Bill's dresser. bought it off him.,
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Ugh. Are you sure that's a Bottorf? I know he burned lots of people, but I thought actual bumpers from the guy were about as common as unicorns.

If it hasn't been re-welded, you might want to have the welds checked...I've heard the few that were delivered were bad...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

is it just me or does the light bar look uneven.. Higher on the right than the left?? Ed knows all about the bottorf fun from Brians bumper. With a welder, plasma, grinder and some plate steel they can be made to work. Now you have more money for suspension and axles so you wont be needing the winch!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm

already have the warn. going to rebuild it make sure its clean after taking that dip. i just need something on the front end, after the lift and tyres are done i can think about replacing it.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

It's definitely a Bottorf. Bill and I have had many emails, PM's and phone calls about Nate over the years. I don't know if the light bar's uneven, i think that may just be the angle of the photo, but the light tabs are definitely crooked. Mine are too. I just had to reinforce my bumper with some additional welding, and trim some off the light tabs to get the bumper to fit and the hood to open with out hitting the brush bar.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:37 pm

All I know is that if I'm pulling you out of the shit, I'm doing it from the back. I don't know if I like the idea of bumper pieces flying at me.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
All I know is that if I'm pulling you out of the shit, I'm doing it from the back. I don't know if I like the idea of bumper pieces flying at me.

If you're wheeling with him when he's locked on 35s he's going to be the one pulling you out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Jake wrote:

If you're wheeling with him when he's locked on 35s he's going to be the one pulling you out Very Happy

No, just means he'll be stuck in even deeper sit than normal Razz
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
Jake wrote:

No, just means he'll be stuck in even deeper sit than normal Razz

Not if he's out with rover guys. Only time I have been STUCK since moving up to 35s is when I was wheeling with a bronco on 40s
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:

There were one or two instances of the bumpers bending during kinetic recoveries, due to a lack of welds near the shackle mounts. I'm sure that if Bill hasn't already welded it more solid, i'll be doing it.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Fyi, unless Nate either realized his mistake by the time he got to that bumper, or Bill drilled it out, the holes in the shackle tabs are only 3/4", meaning that you need 5/8" shackles, which standard ones are only rated to 6500lbs. You need to buy alloy ones, which are rated higher.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Fyi, unless Nate either realized his mistake by the time he got to that bumper, or Bill drilled it out, the holes in the shackle tabs are only 3/4", meaning that you need 5/8" shackles, which standard ones are only rated to 6500lbs. You need to buy alloy ones, which are rated higher.

Wow, what DID Nate get right on those bumpers???
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Shipping Friday!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 pm

could always get a clamp on light tab. but i dont even know what lights i would get nor do i need to think about that now my main concern is the lift, tyres and rear brakes

http://www.carid.com/universal-off-road-lights/kc-hilites-off-road-lights-1635002.html?utm_source=googlebase_com&utm_medium=comparator&utm_campaign=Google_feed&%22cagpspn=pla%22&gclid=CJae3fWF5rMCFQJx4AodMTAAjg
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Those are fugly just use the weld on light tabs and have Brian weld them up.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Jake wrote:

there are a bunch of diffferent weld on and bolt on mounts. some of the bolts ons are better looking then the one i posted but like i said my main concern is getting hte truck lifted and running properly.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:

there are a bunch of diffferent weld on and bolt on mounts. some of the bolts ons are better looking then the one i posted but like i said my main concern is getting hte truck lifted and running properly.

Yup I hear ya. I am working on fabbing some external front shock mounts and am about to buy the DIY beadlock kit from ballistic. 20% off!!

nevermind costs more than the discount maybe I'll wait until they have free shipping..

I did find this deal though - $130 D1/RRC/D90 beadlocks http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-905-beadlock-clearance-items.aspx
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 am

Jake wrote:

I did find this deal though - $130 D1/RRC/D90 beadlocks http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-905-beadlock-clearance-items.aspx

Sounds like you can do a lot to your truck when you aren't wheeling it. damn hippies.

Did you see the video from RotR4 Jakers? Ed looks like a Thanksgiving turkey on the roof of his truck.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:

Sounds like you can do a lot to your truck when you aren't wheeling it. damn hippies.

Did you see the video from RotR4 Jakers? Ed looks like a Thanksgiving turkey on the roof of his truck.

Haha yup!!! Yes is true. I ended up buying the weld on set from Ballistic. Ill be more than ready to wheel when I move back East.

You mean this picture of Ed??? Cool as a cucumber

what to do with my range? - Page 3 Sinking-boat1
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:58 am

Jake wrote:
Ill be more than ready to wheel when I move back East.

Your camping spot is still saved. No matter where we go...

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 am

you guys are hilarious.

the Rovertym rear bumper is kinda sexy...

i need to figure out diff guards. i love the asfir ones but not sure what i would have to do to ge tthem to fit.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 am

I think Eli is an asfir distributor. Ive been going back and forth about an astir or tactical rovers for my rear diff.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 am

yeah Eli does sell them. And i will buy from him. I just need to figure out if it will fit. He wasn't sure. I really like the rear diff guard, the front not so much. Mike W had a rear on the front but fuck me if I remember how he did that because i my mind was still in a deep water hole with my disco while he was explaining it.

http://asfir4x4.com/skidplates/skidplates-landrover/skidplates-landrover-discovery1/539103

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm

I wont buy aluminum on the lowest hanging part of my truck. especially a pinion/skid. My other problem with the Asfir front guard is it doesnt cover much of the diff. Mike and I went back and forth about that Asfir plow axle guard he put on and mangled at the conclave. I'd go with Rovertym or tactical rovers guard. Pinion protection is pointless on a 5" lift because your pinion angle is turned up high and out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Jake wrote:
I wont buy aluminum on the lowest hanging part of my truck. especially a pinion/skid. My other problem with the Asfir front guard is it doesnt cover much of the diff. Mike and I went back and forth about that Asfir plow axle guard he put on and mangled at the conclave. I'd go with Rovertym or tactical rovers guard. Pinion protection is pointless on a 5" lift because your pinion angle is turned up high and out of the way.

I can vouch for the Rovertym, I have them welded to my axle and they held up well to my abuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to do with my range?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next