Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 am

Long Haul wrote:
lol! I gotta say I'm gonna get bored following you now Fodge, I wont be picking up mud flaps or bumper covers anymore. Congrats on the new lift.

This is true! now you're not going to get the comments like - he tried to do what in a stock truck?! or.. WOW I cant believe he made it thru that in a stock truck! haha

Im jealous of your +3 prosport shocks but you should get those extended brake lines on there before you go wheelin!

Now you just have to get that CDL in there and buy my bumper Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:00 am

can't wait to see pics of fodges truck!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 pm

here are pics the Dr sent me.

Your work list - Page 9 2828244750081472750S600x600Q85
Your work list - Page 9 2022162140081472750S600x600Q85
Your work list - Page 9 2251218050081472750S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks for getting those up for me Ed.

Jake - turns out that the back is not really lower than the front (the 'completed pic shows it a little lower). As its sitting in the picture there is a 2,000 pound transfer case sitting in the back. when I took it out it leveled more.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:55 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Thanks for getting those up for me Ed.

Jake - turns out that the back is not really lower than the front (the 'completed pic shows it a little lower). As its sitting in the picture there is a 2,000 pound transfer case sitting in the back. when I took it out it leveled more.

Lol yea I forgot about that! Prob why the back felt heavier on the jack. I thought I was just getting tired.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 pm

The body Is level the wheel arches just run higher. Looking at it in the pic gives you a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:16 pm

285/75/16's on a d1 with d2 arches and the bumper I'm probably going to get before end of year.

Your work list - Page 9 Img_0110
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Doc, truck looks great! Can't wait to see it out on the trail
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Nice, Fodge left a transfer case in the back for you to lift with the jack! At least he didn't skimp on the pizza - all the toppin's!!

Its great to see the club pull together to help out. Now, to ball busting...

Fodge, you lost your #1 reason-to-be-invited-to-a-group. Love your gumption but now you will just be another "good guy" on the trail. I won't get to see a mud flap floating down Trail 23 again... Sad

The Fantastic 5 is already evolving, are we headed for "blacks" next outing?

p.s. No smart-ass comments about my venture onto a 20 yard long "black" trail!!!

"full passenger"
"it is full passenger"
"uh-oh..."
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm

who wants to touch my greasy shaft?

Your work list - Page 9 Img_0518

My new front shaft will be going in tomorrow pending I can get the old transfer case flange off... WISH ME LUCK!! Also flushed my cooling system one more time and found some stuff in the bottom of the bucket. Looks like rad gunk - running that flush for a couple days must have finally broke that up.. Going to fill her with 50/50 tomorrow get an alignment on Thursday and she should be back on the road. (fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:59 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Nice, Fodge left a transfer case in the back for you to lift with the jack! At least he didn't skimp on the pizza - all the toppin's!!

Fodge, you lost your #1 reason-to-be-invited-to-a-group. Love your gumption but now you will just be another "good guy" on the trail. I won't get to see a mud flap floating down Trail 23 again... Sad

p.s. No smart-ass comments about my venture onto a 20 yard long "black" trail!!!

"full passenger"
"it is full passenger"
"uh-oh..."

lol speaking of blacks... I was going to post something on one of the other threads about "hitting the blacks" next time but I figured I should re-word that. afro - too far?

Fodge brought donuts (which we ate for dinner) AND got pizzas. I must say it was worth doing the lift! Any time anybody needs work done I will accept the majority of payment with good ass food.
Since Doc is upgrading we are going to have to start hitting hard trails Very Happy

p.s. I think Fodge still has one mud flap yet so there is still hope!
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 am

DiscoSux wrote:

"full passenger"
"it is full passenger"
"uh-oh..."

The look on your face was priceless at that moment lol

I bet Fodge wouldve made it afro
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:04 am

im taking off my rear hitch today and been spraying the bolts for the stock bumper, friday im stopping at AB and picking up my Britpart rear bumper. It arrived last week.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 am

and i think i figured out how to mount the PSP... will attempt that tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:31 pm

I need to figure out something for my front shocks. They are nearly fully extended. I have that plate that Dave sent me. Probably going to put spacers around the bolts so the lower shock bushings will fit inside the spacer.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
im taking off my rear hitch today and been spraying the bolts for the stock bumper, friday im stopping at AB and picking up my Britpart rear bumper. It arrived last week.

how's that bumper looking Ed?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Jake wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:

"full passenger"
"it is full passenger"
"uh-oh..."

lol speaking of blacks... I was going to post something on one of the other threads about "hitting the blacks" next time but I figured I should re-word that. afro - too far?

Fodge brought donuts (which we ate for dinner) AND got pizzas. I must say it was worth doing the lift! Any time anybody needs work done I will accept the majority of payment with good ass food.
Since Doc is upgrading we are going to have to start hitting hard trails Very Happy

p.s. I think Fodge still has one mud flap yet so there is still hope!

Don't you guys worry your pretty little heads, I'm sure there's plenty of unexpected damage i can do. And i don't think any of you should take your roof racks off, i'm going to need that cargo space to carry my Rover out of the woods next since I have the sneaking suspicion you're not going to take it easy on me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:27 pm

SO I got the shaft rebuilt, put it on and it vibrates about 50% of the time. When I rebuilt it I realized I was missing this little rubber piece. that goes on the part near the peg that holds the spring.

Your work list - Page 9 Cr110

p.s. obviously not my picture and not my moose.. lol

regardless I think I need to have the drive shaft balanced... Anybody have any recommendations as to where I should go
?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 pm

You need that rubber piece. As for balancing it, there should be a place in York. I remember having my fj40 looked at at a place off Roosevelt I think. There were a bunch of heavy truck shops in that area. About halfway between the college and rt30. You have to forgive me thigh, its been over 10 years since I left that shithole. Remind me one day around a campfire to tell you how I got hit by my driverless fj40 on country club rd.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
You need that rubber piece. As for balancing it, there should be a place in York. I remember having my fj40 looked at at a place off Roosevelt I think. There were a bunch of heavy truck shops in that area. About halfway between the college and rt30. You have to forgive me thigh, its been over 10 years since I left that shithole. Remind me one day around a campfire to tell you how I got hit by my driverless fj40 on country club rd.

SHIT I knew I need that piece.. I might just take it to a shop and see what they think..
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Yeah, that's what seals the CV joint. Try this place:
http://www.patruckctrs.com/yorkmachine.html

They could probably have it rebuilt and balanced for you quickly, and aren't too far away.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 am

bumper is on and looks good, just need to bend the mount down on the one side cuz the last 2 bolts near the hitch won't fit till i do. also picked up the snorkel from Ron who graciously met me over at AB (thank you!) and since i couldnt wheel at all on Sunday because of fear that my truck wouldn't make it home, i made it 52 miles from my house (triple AAA gives me 100 miles towing for free) when it went into limp and down to 3rd. i did 55mph the rest of the way home. so my next upgrade is a fancy XYZ switch and to reroute the brilliance of the AC drain right above it!
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 am

Buds springs Lancaster Pa can balance it also. Theyre right along 30 if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 pm

looks like im going to try and rebuild my WXYZ... going to have to try and get under there Saturday morning and get the damn thing out... it's so tight i have trouble with my fat hands and sausage fingers.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Ed post some pics of your bumper!!! I know it's the same as Brians but still..

Fodge - the guy that was interested in trading says he is still interested soo he still have technical first dibs.. however if that doesnt happen it's yours. I will post up some pics maybe tonight if not Wednesday. Trucks getting an alignment tomorrow and then hopefully I can get this shaft figured out....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next