Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I'd sell mine for $800
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Jake wrote:
I'd sell mine for $800

Same here.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Jake wrote:
I'd sell mine for $800

Would you throw in a rack stretcher?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Jake wrote:
I'd sell mine for $800

Would you throw in a rack stretcher?

I was thinking the D2 compactor
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 pm

http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=7149 - tactical rovers diff guard is pretty bad ass.

Also columbia rovers skid is pretty nice for the price but the rovertym is the gas tank skid of all gas tank skids...
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:39 am

Jake,I didn't know Justin was selling TR stuff.tks for that little bit of info.as for a roof rack with lights......if u plan on doing any night runs in the pines.you are going to need lights,not as many as me maybe but u r going to need some.we hit a water hole and i didn't have the roof lights on,and when we hit the hole inside the hole and it got dark fast....let's just say the copilot was real upset at me for not having them on.and when Jarek got stuck i was the next vehicle in line and they needed some light to see what they were doing
glad i had them up there for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:42 pm

The TR diff guard does look like it would make a diff swap difficult.. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 am

Jake wrote:
The TR diff guard does look like it would make a diff swap difficult.. Just a thought.

i think that is the point of the guard. so you don't have to do a swap on the trail
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:

i think that is the point of the guard. so you don't have to do a swap on the trail

Haha I'm saying when upgrading to lockers. Or replacing one with a ruined spider gear.

Tr are on a 3 month back order. Must be popular or understaffed
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 am

there are only the two guys down there. Even if they made 40 guards thats only 20 pairs im sure they sold them out quick.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:50 pm

DocFodge wrote:

good luck finding a rack in this area though.... you gotta be sitting around with about $800-900 cash in hand and reply within 5 minutes of someone posting.

I just sold my D1 SG rack for $600 and wasn't budging on the price. It took a couple weeks as location is everything.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:06 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

good luck finding a rack in this area though.... you gotta be sitting around with about $800-900 cash in hand and reply within 5 minutes of someone posting.

I just sold my D1 SG rack for $600 and wasn't budging on the price. It took a couple weeks as location is everything.

I guess Ed is going to have to haul all my parts around now....

You camping this weekend?
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:21 pm

DocFodge wrote:

Likely not camping. I'd like to but the boy isn't into it. I wish your boys and mine would get together.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:33 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

Likely not camping. I'd like to but the boy isn't into it. I wish your boys and mine would get together.

Bring them camping, we'll let them play with fire and sharp objects. I'll bring the first aid kit.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 pm

DocFodge wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

Bring them camping, we'll let them play with fire and sharp objects. I'll bring the first aid kit.

Hah! Cool. I'll see if I can talk him into it. He is 11, yours?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
DocFodge wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

Hah! Cool. I'll see if I can talk him into it. He is 11, yours?

11 and 12...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 pm

fixed brake hose issue by bending bracket straight up and adding another little plate to space it up and center it so the axles wont crush the hard lines. Oh and a new set of Terrafirma brake lines from Lucky8 helped as well. They are like 19 3/4" long

Your work list - Page 17 Brake_10

Here's a pic nearly fully flexed, Jacked it up from the hitch but when the axles has more weight on on side it might be close. Sorry for the blurry pic. the truck was falling of the jack lol

Your work list - Page 17 Brake_11
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:53 pm

how much were the TF brake lines?
Back to top Go down
new2disco
NELRC N00B
new2disco

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:34 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
My to buy list before the end of the year.

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

Hopefully I can order the lift next week.

Let me fix your list for you...

Terrafirma HD lift (~3") with shocks
front and rear diff guards - RTE or RB weld ons
Fuel tank skid plate - save it for later, the tank is not that vulnerable
Roof rack with lights - poseur move, cuts fuels mileage and can be removed by trees (ask Trevor), no need for weekend wheeling. Lights? For what, are you going night wheeling?

add:
remove anti-sway bars
proper off-road tires
HD steering rod and track arm, I know all too well...
Rovertym or similar front bumper - not ARB
winch for above bumper

This info is from a Rover newbie (1 year) that thought he had it all figured out. going out on the trail changes your priorities.

I'm new to Land Rovers... As to front bumper why not the ARB? Are there any problems with them. Just curious...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:40 pm

new2disco wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
My to buy list before the end of the year.

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

Hopefully I can order the lift next week.

Let me fix your list for you...

Terrafirma HD lift (~3") with shocks
front and rear diff guards - RTE or RB weld ons
Fuel tank skid plate - save it for later, the tank is not that vulnerable
Roof rack with lights - poseur move, cuts fuels mileage and can be removed by trees (ask Trevor), no need for weekend wheeling. Lights? For what, are you going night wheeling?

add:
remove anti-sway bars
proper off-road tires
HD steering rod and track arm, I know all too well...
Rovertym or similar front bumper - not ARB
winch for above bumper

This info is from a Rover newbie (1 year) that thought he had it all figured out. going out on the trail changes your priorities.

I'm new to Land Rovers... As to front bumper why not the ARB? Are there any problems with them. Just curious...

Th approach angle on an ARB isnt this best so the possibilities of getting hung up are higher than other high clearance bumpers like RTE or Safari Gard. The reason is because the winch mount does not require you cutting the grille.

Secondly ARB bumpers are mass produced and are not made as beefy as others.

Some people love them but most dont. I had one for 5 months or so and got rid of it mostly because it was an airbag approved bag and the winch mounted upside down under the bumper.

I am very happy with my custom Safari Gard blade style bumper. The only downfall is no brush guard however i did smash a tree with it down on trails road and didnt hurt anything. probably would have bent a weaker bumper.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:16 pm

new2disco wrote:

I'm new to Land Rovers... As to front bumper why not the ARB? Are there any problems with them. Just curious...[/quote]

ARB = Angle Reducing Bumper

They are good for some areas - flat brush maybe. I owned a non-winch ARB then got a winch ARB. The winch ARB was far too big out the front of the truck. I ended up with a Rovertym. ARB's look good and will hold up fine in most conditions - they just kill your approach angle. I shoved my ARB into the dirt at Robesonia last year and had to gun it to keep forward movement (a requirement of the trials). It wasn't pretty...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm

i have taken a tree down with my ARB, but the non air-bag approved bumper... so it doesnt move. my frame will bend before the grade 8 hardware or the bumper give one inch. im yet to have a problem with the approach angle with my ARB. it has scraped the ground when coming down steep descents to flat surfaces but never stopped me dead in my tracks. i do like the full guard protecting the headlights especially with all the heavily overgrown trails i go down. also allows me to have bush cables. if i were to get a different bumper it would have to be one with a full guard.. not to mention the price was right on mine
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

please note the lift on your suspension will also change the approach angle of the ARB. if you are stock it might be tough to get an ARB not to scrape. i have the TF +2 lift which is about 2 1/4" over stock height.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I could always walk down the street and take it off your hands Wink
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
please note the lift on your suspension will also change the approach angle of the ARB. if you are stock it might be tough to get an ARB not to scrape. i have the TF +2 lift which is about 2 1/4" over stock height.

His truck has a 2" lift just not sure who makes it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 17 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next